Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here to this forum. I own a 2007 Apex Mtn and have 160 miles on it and my hifaxes are worn out. Can anyone give me a good explanation of why this would be happening. I have checked my track tension and it is as loose as I feel that I can run it without it ratcheting. Of the 160 miles that I currently have I probably only have about
35 - 45 miles of trail riding. But I have tried to get into powder every chance that I could.
I talked to the mechanics at the dealership where I bought the sled and they pretty much told me that this was normal and I call BS on this especially at 160 miles.

The mechanics told me that Yamaha would change the hifaxes only once, because these are wear items, so they told me that they would take off the cost of the oem hifaxes from the cost of a pair of hyperfaxes and install them too.

But my questions is am I going to have the same problem with the hyperfaxes that I am having with the hifaxes, I don't want to have to change the hyperfaxes or hifaxes after every 160 miles.

Other than the hifax problem, this sled is great and the more I ride that more I like riding it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
This is a very very common and highly debated topic by the Yami dealerships and Yami owners. I have the Vector Mtn SE and my dad has the Apex Mtn. Both with the 162" and last year I went through 4 sets. My dad however is trying the Hyperfaxes on his sled for the first time this year and we are still waiting to see how they perform over the next month or two.

Do a search for this and you will find all the info you would want to read and still find no solution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 06 apex mountain. Unless I am in the deep powder, I am changing the slides. I did some trail riding in Eagle River a few weeks ago. I tore up a brand new set in one day. 1700 miles on that sled. Its for sale.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Put on a pair of scratchers, if you haven't already. Or.... Put a bolt through near the back of one of your skis, and let it stick out about 2" on the bottom, just remember to remove them when you load. up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mike up to REV-IT-UP Sports shop in Rangeley has a fix for that problem.
He owns one and has the problem all fixed , matter of fact he now won't sell a Mountain Sled with adding the wheel kits.
He can be reached at 864-2452

·
Registered
648 Posts
put on some ice scrathers and some polaris 5.35" wheels and you will be good to good.I also recommen add ind 2 additional cross shafts in the skid.Some guy are having problem with the rails kinking side to side mine did and then I got new one's add put the shafts in.There is almost 24" with no crosshafts and thats where the weak point is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trail riding with a mountain sled?
:frech11:
Scratchers are the way to go![/b]

Check out ww.totallyamaha.com This is very common problem like they said. The general thought over there is the best thing to do is remove the wheels and run scratchers. I'l let you know in two weeks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.