Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I wire a kill switch. As it is now all you have to do is disconnect the key switch and it will fire up. How do I put a hidden switch so that if that if they were to disconnect the key switch it still would not start unless the hidden switch is on. This is of cource my atempt at an anti thef system.

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
Maybe tap into the kill switch wires and put another switch in so both have to be on to start.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
just trace the ingition wires farther down and splice in a switch and maybe put the switch in the air box? thats the idea i had awhile ago.

·
Registered
736 Posts
yup, trace back 1 of the key wires to where you want your switch,cut it and put in a toggle switch, and there you go.Hidden antitheft switch.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has any one accualy done this? Is this a good idea or is there a better way to keep your sled from being stolen?

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,328 Posts
Originally posted by bly123@Oct 9 2005, 04:18 PM
Has any one accualy done this? Is this a good idea or is there a better way to keep your sled from being stolen?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918123
[/quote]

A security cable wrapped around around another sled or a post, if someone really wants your sled there going to get it no matter what you do. Where are you worried about your sled geting stolen from?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I did this years ago on a sled and it worked great. I put it in the toehold so i did not have to open the hood everytime. Sometimes the foot would hit it while riding through.

Other people simply disguise them as a "thumbwarmer" or something. Most theives wont take the time to play with all the "warmer" switches to try and get it started.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With the M-10 the CPR stuff and torque rod and alot of other extras and work I've done to this sled I want to make sure it doesn't get stolen. I'm not saying any place I go to worries me that it's a bad place to take it too but I just want to be careful.

·
Registered
163 Posts
my buddy wired one to one wire from his kill switch and put the toggle switch on the back of the toehold. You cant see it unless you know its there and no jackasses can quickly pull the plug on the kill switch and drive the sled away.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
You can do it on a non EFI. Just tap into the ignition ground circut off the ignition switch. Make sure you use a good high quality weather proof switch otherwise it will corode and it will not run or run bad if the this happens.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
When I used to do that I used a slide switch instead of a toggle in the footwell. I also used allen screws to keep my hood secured. Now I put a drawer key lock on the hood.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I wired in a toggel switch for awhile. Now that i have a new seat i dont no where i am going to put it. But mine was hidden in the trunk compartment. :div20:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts