Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this trip didn't go as planned.. conditions were terrible at times (is there such a thing as too much snow?). North Central New Brunswick, the Gaspe and the Bas-St-Laurent had back to back snowstorms sunday and tuesday, and gale force winds whipped up some unbelievable snowdrifts. After the difficult trail condtions, things deteriorated from there..Sometimes adverse conditions create arguments I guess. I think I lost some friends on this trip. Oh-well... :(

Good news is the Firecat ran perfectly despite the tough conditions. I broke trail for many, many miles on this trip. 4150 miles now. B)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Feb 6 2003, 07:30 PM
Good news is the Firecat ran perfectly despite the tough conditions. I broke trail for many, many miles on this trip. 4150 miles now. B)
I sure wish we had snow conditions that would allow me to get over 800 miles on my sled... :( :( :(

·
Registered
362 Posts
rob, i feel for ya. the gaspe'can have some of the most extreme weather i have seen in quebec.we had the same experience years ago.giant snow,trail markers buried and breaking trail through one of the parks.then the sun goes down and -35. anything and everything can happen.one has prepare himself mentally to handle all the pluses and minises.if every one got back o.k. all is good. it will just become a story to talk about.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I wish we had more than the 5 inches we got on the ground here in central Mn.Thats ok Rob will get you next time where you will have to travel here to use your sled.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
4150 miles? wow that is great. if it hasent been posted yet give us a rundown on what you have had to do to your sled so far. from normal maintenance to parts breaking, how many belts have you gone through and so on. thanks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just when I think I'm catching you mileage wise you pull this! I just went over 2000 today, 2065 when I got backm to the house. At this rate I'll match 1/2 your mileage. Sorry your trip wasn't up to snuff but I think Vermont is where to be for the best sledding.
Glad your back safe, we've missed your insights! ;) :D

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Rob,
I have 2700 and a weeks vacation coming soon. MAYBE I can catch
up to you. Supposed to get 4-6 inches tonight in CT. Maybe I'll bring some
with me this weekend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by otterbob@Feb 6 2003, 09:47 PM
4150 miles?  wow that is great.  if it hasent been posted yet give us a rundown on what you have had to do to your sled so far.  from normal maintenance to parts breaking, how many belts have you gone through and so on.  thanks.
I really pushed it on this trip.. All that snow and breaking trail, I was sure that i'd have a problem. You absolutely would not believe how .incrusted and frozen up the sleds were.. But with just some iso every morning, it ran like a champ. I have NEVER had a sled that would break trail for as long and as hard as I pushed the F7 on this trip! With not even so much as a hiccup. I'm totally impressed!

Maintenance so far? ....original belt, sliders... 2nd set of plugs.. nothing else. No updates, even on my original starter rope.. Right now i'm on the verge of neglecting it :lol: what can I tell ya? This machine is great!!!!!! B)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
4150 miles!! I keep thinking just once this winter I might get by your mileage, then you post and usually have me by 5 or 600. Last Sunday I hit over 3700. But,,,I start vacation tomorrow. Will hit Quebec if there is no bitter cold snap.
mike

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Seymour,
Ride out of Eustis Maine; also registered for NH, and go to Quebec as often as possible. Heading to camp tomorrow, maybe Quebec on Monday if no cold snap in sight. mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
mikerider----
I also ride out of Eustis (place is on the Brown Road). They got about 20 more inches of snow--I hear its sweet. I will find out tonight!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Rob we got 30" between the two storms that you had to deal with. We are in Northern Maine, near the New Brunswick border and we got hammered. I know alot of you guys don't want to hear this but we did get to much snow all at once. Some of the area clubs are taking the groomers out, without the drags, to pack the trails, knock down snow banks at road crossings and level the snowdrifts. It is to much snow to work with, but they will be back in shape after the weekend when we get some traffic over them. One good thing is that it is only the first of Feb. and we have more snow to come the next two months and it is only going to extend the riding season.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thank GOD that New England is on the RECEIVING END for a change :D We've gone many years without the conditions we got now. Things are looking good for us this year. Damn, I ONLY got 950 miles so far, you guys got WAY TOO MUCH SPARE TIME :rolleyes: (if there is such a thing) I need a better job, Well, ok I gotta hire some help so I CAN GO RIDING :huh:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hey BSF Racing; I am right around the corner from you. Brn camp w/yell trim on left side of 27, 2nd camp past the Brown Rd. Do you stay at JA's camp? I drive a grn F-150 clubcab. I met Steve couple weeks ago, he stays up by you and drives a wh F150 club. mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts