Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home from Quebec... Did a 1040 mile loop in Quebec. Started at Montmagny, went up the south shore to Matane and took the ferry to the Cote-Nord at Baie Comeau, then rode south and then west to the Mont Valin then south to St Foy and back across the River and back to Montmagny and home. Great trip, and everything went as planned. Firecat ran PERFECT with not a single problem. I never opened the hood other than to add oil. Used less than a gallon for the trip and averaged over 15mpg. And just a reminder...I haven't had a single "update" performed on my sled. Ran PERECT. I love it! :wub:

·
Administrator
20,860 Posts
Man, is it good to finally hear some GOOD news!! Glad to hear you had a good trip Rob. Wish I had the opportunity to ride too, but all I can do is pray for snow here in the Midwest.

Welcome home :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Rob

Rode Quebec 2 years ago and it was great , as you already know...Someone told me the other day that in Quebec most of the trails are now both for Sled and Quads now...I know they had separate trail 2 years ago the Motreal area but this guy claims that the lack of snow prompted them to make most of them into a "UNI" trail....Tell me it aint so !

Captainkirk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by captainkirk@Dec 31 2002, 06:48 PM
Hey Rob

Rode Quebec 2 years ago and it was great , as you already know...Someone told me the other day that in Quebec most of the trails are now both for Sled and Quads now...I know they had separate trail 2 years ago the Motreal area but this guy claims that the lack of snow prompted them to make most of them into a "UNI" trail....Tell me it aint so !

Captainkirk
It ain't so :rolleyes:

While QC has many quad trails, they are basically seperate from the sled trails in all of the areas that I ride. Maybe in the immediate Montreal area it might be true, but who goes there to sled? Lots of times the sled and quad trails criss-cross and may come together for a short distance, but that is not a problem. Remember, blue trail stakes mean quad, red means sled. In any case, Quebec still is light years ahead of any trail system in the US, and the people are amoung the friendliest anywhere. I really enjoy my Quebec trips :) B)

Also, trail conditions on this trip ranged from early season to awesome mid-winter condtions in many areas. This is the best start to the winter in several years! I would never have believed that we could have made such a big trip this early in the season. B)

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Hi Rob,
Glad to hear you had a good trip.
Here is a pic of trail #5 near Trois-Pistoles when we rode together.
Happy new year!
HDen

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,046 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Dec 31 2002, 04:49 PM
I just got home from Quebec... Did a 1040 mile loop in Quebec. Used less than a gallon of oil for the trip and averaged over 15mpg.
That is about 70 gallons of gas, burning 1 gallon of oil to 70 gallons of gas does not seem to be much....

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Originally posted by HDen@Dec 31 2002, 07:40 PM
Hi Rob,
Glad to hear you had a good trip.
Here is a pic of trail #5 near Trois-Pistoles when we rode together.
Happy new year!
HDen
How's the SKS700 running? I've got a bud who bought one this year. Great looking sled! Any tips on jetting or clutching?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ok this is the kind of info I have been looking for!!!! If you look at your numbers assuming you burned a total of 0.9 gallons of gas that would put you at a 77:1 mixture. That seems pretty lean but is about where some seem to be running. I was concerned but have not been able to verify pump alignment marks yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Thumper@Jan 1 2003, 02:26 PM
Ok this is the kind of info I have been looking for!!!! If you look at your numbers assuming you burned a total of 0.9 gallons of gas that would put you at a 77:1 mixture. That seems pretty lean but is about where some seem to be running. I was concerned but have not been able to verify pump alignment marks yet.
tell the truth, it seems a little lean to me also.. I may pull the pan (??) and check the marks later this week also. Its probably keepin those valves clean though, eh? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good for you Rob! I'm glad you had a good ride. I haven't had a problem with mine either-- no updates yet. I only have 488.7 miles on mine. I really enjoy this sled -- this is the best sled I have owned. Seems to be pretty popular with my riding buddies too!
~Black F7 SP with Sabercat graphics

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,046 Posts
Originally posted by Thumper@Jan 1 2003, 02:26 PM
Tell me how you got these numbers?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I thinking about going to canada. I need some snow. whats the closest place from southern wisconsin? those trails look pretty good. I cant believe they groom two lanes of traffic.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts