Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you Rev Guys, my dealer has one of those 550F X fan sleds in the showroom and I was checking it out and thought it was sweet and had a lot to offer for the price. I wanted to know what the HP rating of the sled is and how fast do they actually go??? Although I ride a F7 I do like revs, I thought it might be a good sled for the Mrs and then I can play with it too! I can't believe how light that thing is when you pick it up!!! I think they said its like 435lbs!!! Thanks for any info, Bent Stud

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have a '06 mxz 550f and I did get to ride it back november when we had snow and I was very impressed with the power, and it's so light weight. My last sled was an 04' F6 and this sled does'nt dissappoint me at all. It won't go 100 mph, but running the ditches with this sled is a blast.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
It has 60 hp.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Had a 550Fan X last year. It was a great sled on the trails and in the ditches. If you had a lot of snow though it would not keep up with the liquid cooled sleds. Get it on a trail though and the only time you would get beat was on the straights.
I traded up to a 600SDI this summer and really like it, but you do notice that weight. At the end of last year, I had it pinned all the time to just keep up.

Great sled for playing around on and trails, but if you need speed and ride in powder don't go with the Fan.

Hopes this helps,

Dana

·
Registered
535 Posts
Reason for the discreptancy in Hp rating is because Rotax has it listed on their site as 60 Hp. (Same 550 comes in different configs though) Actual Rev 550 Hp is hovering right at the 70 hp mark.....just ask LRD, he dynoed his stock.
I had the 2005 version, and now have the 07 with unfortunately only 85 km on it so far du to lack of snow. Sled is wonderfully light and tossable, great off trail too. On tighter trails where 0 to about 50 or 60 mph is all that there's room for, the 550 is a real weapon in skilled hands. Not a problem keeping up with liquids in THOSE conditions. Out on the lake or higher speed trails, it loses it's legs. It will eventually under good conditions reach 80 mph, but it takes a while to get there after about 50 miles per hour. Sled is a ton of fun though and very comfortable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.