Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob... What does Jane think of the 04's? Don't you think it's time for the wife to get a new Cat? How about you any interest in the 04's. I figured with all the miles you must be thinking of a new one also.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
i seen that rob said jane might be riding a zl800 because of the increased driver input the firecat requires, but with the zls transfered over as sabercat model who know now? i bet if rob gets a cat it will be a sabercat, its more trail oriented than his f7snopro.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I don't know. With all the crazy deep powder he gets to ride in, I'm thinking the Mountain King with that 162 track on it. Add some Nitrous, and he will be doing 20,000 miles next year.

Kevin

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think that the T660 Turbo looks like a good sled for the wife in my opinion. I think it looks nice, and it wud be cool. 110 horsepower, no injecion oil, low sound, no smoke, good on gas. Over 100 mph!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by yz114@Feb 25 2003, 09:19 PM
I think that the T660 Turbo looks like a good sled for the wife in my opinion. I think it looks nice, and it wud be cool. 110 horsepower, no injecion oil, low sound, no smoke, good on gas. Over 100 mph!!
i'm hoping there will be one of those at colebrook also to try out. really looking forward to friday. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Don't worry --- Rob will post a report on the Snodeo (right, Rob?). Just Kidding! I have an F7 and a new 370 ES for the wife. My boy is 4 and my daughter is 2, so in the near future Jack will be too big for being in front of me, kid harness or not! Maggi is a 'peanut', so I'm figuring (hard to plan for the future!), that my wife and I will have to get a 2-up eventually to put Jack on the back and she and I can trade off between that and the F7. A powerful 4-stroke, 2-up, that is not too heavy will hopefully 'fill the bill'. Plan on keeping the 370 as Jack will be 10 in no time and can ride that. Plan on getting a used 120 before that for him, of course! Hope you are able to get some good 'seat time' on the '04's -- I think 'Cat will have something your wife will like. By the way --- she has been on yours a bit, right? What are her thoughts so far?

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes, we will get lots of pics and comments and post them here.

Jane has rode my F7 a lot now, but still is not totally comfortable with the handling. Jane is more of a "sit-down" rider, and feels the F7 is a little tippy for her. She loves the power and EFI but doesn't like the throttle and brake, (too big for her small hands). One thing we both noticed switching back and forth on cold days is that the Firecat actually has BETTER wind protection than the XC. I was surprised by that. (my F7 has the standard higher w/s and the mirrors block the wind from your hands).

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I was trying to decide the same thing for next year. Lisa is riding a 02 XC500 X and really loves it. I was thinking of putting her on a F5, but thinking that maybe I should stick with the XC for another year. She likes is so much and it only has 1800 miles on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts