Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob,

Since you always put in a ton of miles and get a new sled every year I'm just curious how much do you get for those old worn out sleds? Do you sell them? Cut them up? Trade them in? Or send them back to the factory?

:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do the same as everyone else.. Sometimes trade it, sometimes sell it privately. Except I get less than a low mileage sled would. People generally know my sleds are well-maintaned, and not hammered to death. After I clean my sled up in the spring, it looks like new. "highway miles". They are far from "worn out". <_<

·
Registered
575 Posts
How much do u think you could u could squeeze out of a new sled rob? I've always thought to be 10,000 miles the limit. Maybe you can teach me a lesson in taking care of them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by colt345@Mar 18 2003, 06:54 PM
How much do u think you could u could squeeze out of a new sled rob? I've always thought to be 10,000 miles the limit. Maybe you can teach me a lesson in taking care of them?
I've seen many sleds in Canada that have 20,000+ miles. I don't think there is any limit. Keep 'em off the trees and on the snow. :lol: B)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I generally ride my sleds for 12000-15000 miles before trading and they are in good shape when I sell them. I usually rebearing each season and go through the clutches and chaincase and they are good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts