Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i'll start by saying this is a very bad idea. i had resently read something on here about some guy showing a "good way" to make the snow flap shorter to avoid getting sucked up into the track. this is a very bad idea. Reason why you shouldnt do this... with a shorter snow flap you are loosing too much snow out of the back end of the sled that would be used for cooling it down. sure, if you cut it shorter you wont have any problems with it getting chewed up, but you will just have to deal with scuffed pistons due to over-heating. the smart thing to do would be to buy a strap and hook it from the bumper to the snowflap. this will stop the flap from getting sucked up into the track and your sled will not over heat eather. i have seen it happen before, bot with a firecat, but with a Polaris Edge XC.

D

·
0 Posts
You say this with such certainty lol! Haven't had a flap since day one and many big hp mod sleds out west here run no flap so I guess unless you are riding on less than a dusting then I have to call BS on your assertion.

·
Registered
772 Posts
haha i agree duke! ..another MORON out there that THINKS your sled will puff the motor if u cut the flap 2 inches...ive ran it with no flap on hardpack for a days and i would do it all the time..but here its illegal to have NO flap...so i cut it to the REVERSE line which is about 2 inches...ive done it for 3 years and including my new firecat ive got 500 miles on it with yet again ZERO overheating issues ... it we shouldnt cut our flaps why in the world would cat make a flap 2 inches shorter that is used for all the reverse sleds and for any sled that u put reverse on ..i guess arctic cat is in the wrong to ?!? oh noo ! BLAH BLAH BLAH... if i got a nickle for ever time this stupid subject comes up id be a millionare... if u want a long flap to avoid a LITTLE less rooster tail get a strap..but if u cant stand the ugly stock flap and dont want it to suck in..cut it to the line...either way u solve the sucking in problem...does it have to be so needlessly complicated guys??? uggggg :wacko:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have sucked my flap every time out this year so yesterday I cut it at the 2" line. It looks better, doesnt throw as much roost as a lot have said, It didnt over heat or blow up,,,,,, Problem solved....

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yup mines cut also No Problems here either...

·
Registered
831 Posts
how do you get your flap to suck in? i haven't even heard of this problem her in mn., of course we don't have any snow either!!!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Can't say it enough, "SHORT FLAP - SHORT PECKER" when you grow up you will understand. INSTALL CURB FEELERS AND FUZZY DICE INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I haven't cut the flap, and the guys I ride with complain about the roost and pelting I give them. I cut a old belt the width of the tunnel and but it under the flap on the alumimum part to hold flap up. That mod has worked for 500 miles 1 3/8" track too.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by firecatsnopro@Jan 13 2003, 08:17 PM
Can't say it enough, "SHORT FLAP - SHORT PECKER" when you grow up you will understand. INSTALL CURB FEELERS AND FUZZY DICE INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow short flap short pecker, that gotta be the stupidest thing i've ever herd, if u cant take that their spittin shit up at u then pass them, and if people are gonna be like that ill cut mine just to piss them off, i mean comments are good but thats just stupid hahaha

my dad's 800 with reverse he spits shit at me that why i wear a helmet a jacket that covers my neck, and if its anything other than ice, i would tell him to stop rippin, until he gets more snow...

i ride closer to him then the debris just hits my helmet or my little tiny windshield.. i guess ill wait till a 5 pound rock or peice of ice come flying at me...then mabe i will complain

·
Registered
798 Posts
Originally posted by firecatsnopro@Jan 13 2003, 08:42 PM
Sorry if I hit a sore spot! THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
short=short!
You sound like you speak from personal experience :lol: :lol: Is that what your women tell you :D ?

Short=Short.. What a Moron :p

D

·
0 Posts
Damn I have no flap and and a rather beefy pecker so once again I have to call BS LMAO!

I have a better analogy... it's more likely that those who worry about the length of my flap are overtly concerned about some sort of inadequacy in the own shorts hahaha!

·
Registered
772 Posts
duke...ur right..u do look pretty beefy in those pics haha... j/k... he says that everytime this subject comes up ab out cutting the flap..i think its from stupid movie the hole "short flap short pecker" deal... who really cares what he thinks anyways

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HAHAHAHA; amazing...i have seen meltdowns because of short flaps. i guess if you havent had any problems than you lucked out. prhaps its the light guys with stiff springs that cut the flaps and have problems w/overheating. i guess as long as your heavy enough to get that flap to the ground and keep the show in, your in bussiness... if not, your fucked.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I weigh about 170, have my flap cut and havent burned up yet. Like some other have said the reverse flaps are the same lengh as mine now that it is cut, so why would cat sell short flaps if it was going to cause motors to pop????? HELLO???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts