Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just got from michigan...got to do a whole weekend with some Parabolic Skis on my firecat...there new from the Cat Mountain sleds..i had to use the ZR saddle...because the carbide hole are differnt of course on the firekittys.....
My dealer gave them to me to use for the rest of the year..they are trying to get ride of them...never use them... gave me the skis..yanked off the ZR saddles off another sled..and we put on a 6 inch carbide..new...

Impressions...

Trail use- trails were packed hard with a little loose snow on top..definately id say better then stockers on the trails..why?? i dont know..but they carve a lot better then the stockers...are they as good as the SLT skis?? i dont know..havent tested em..but yes they provided better cutting on the corners and doesnt have that push like hte stockers..and it made for better and easier turning..not having to throw my weight around...

Set up i found that best worked... - Center shock...loose...loosened till spring rattled..then tightedened a few turns...i tryed the blocks out and in..and i dont know ..but id have to disagree with rob on the whole coupling block issue...the blocks are a necessity...and help out in the stutter...and i found i turned them to 3 and they took away the corner inside ski lift and i couldnt pop the MONSTER wheelies anymore..they would pop up some on a dead hole shot..but come back down to about 4-6 inches off the ground......great for trails...even for racing..

Powder Impressions...switching bettween the two...yes there is a big differnce in flotation...they turn much easier in deep snow...where as with my stockers...the inside ski would want to dig in..where i dont have to throw my weight around much more with this...but for carving in deep snow this is where i liked them...carving they allowed ease of turning and still stayed on top?? the best mountain ski?? i dont know..and from what ive read..maybe not...

Heres the bottom line...
On the trails...IMO opinion...better then stockers..and DEFINATELY NOT WORSE...my ski doo buddys acctually said.. "i rode ur sled and acctually thought for the first time it handles better then my renegades overall"
In the deep snow...if ur a boon docker and like to get off trail..they are much better then stock...
Only trouble i had with them??? is loading them on the trailer..if u can live with 7 inch wide skis...get em.....they just like to over hang the other guys skis a little on the trailers haha..

Why im gonna buy em???....dealer will sell the skis..saddles..and carbides..for 150.00..which IMO..if its better then stock,..at that price..darn right its a good deal..maybe the SLT or C and A are better?? maybe just as good...but look at ur dealers..and if they are clearing out some Parabolic Skis..u might get a better overall then stock ski...for about half the price of a the other guys... heres some pics.... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and if ur wondering why i have orange duct tape on my nose..its because i was busting through 4-7 foot drifts all day on the bogs....the stupid hump just like i though clogs up with snow..so i taped off the front..and after installing my Thunder Products Low Boys...i open up the new intakes on the box..and didnt have a problem boging after that..sucked in all the air it needed even when the hump was full of snow..heres a shot

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this was the first time i tryed going down 4 feet and busting through a drift ....the hump filled with snow..and engine just bogged..so i just trenched and stoped..no good..this was before i open the little windows on the low boys...
because there is a creek about right behind me..got a little wet pushing it out...acctually the hole area is a bog/swamp with open water..its just there so much snow we float on top of it ...think its natural springs..(i dont wanna really know what i was on top of)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
good info and nic pics! i also noticed that my sled will bog down also when snow gets under the hump, the air cant get through and chokes the motor. So i have to get off and bang it and the snow comes off, what a pain. Even though that has only happend once this winter because we havent gone any major dumps of snow, it still bothered me, and if i was powder riding all the time i would have to fix it somehow. Cat should have some kinda screen there to prevent snow from getting in there.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Hey Chief,I'm thinking about powder coating my front suspension and am curious as to how yours held up this winter?From the pictures it looks like it faired pretty well.I cant see any chips or missing coating!What do you recommend for prepping them to be sent off and do you recommend the company that did yours?who was it and wasn't it like $175,and you sand blasted em yourself,Thanks -

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Nice review on the skis Big Chief, but how could you possibly do a ski test and not even mention the word darting??? LOL! Can we assume that darting was not an issue with the parabolic skis?! So they're 7" wide at the front and rear? How wide is that "narrow" middle section? -- Roy

·
Registered
66 Posts
BFC...How do you think these skiis would work in snocross? Its going to be pretty warm this weekend, so I'm thinking some aggressive skiis might be necessary at Trollhaugen.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry guys..was away all day...to answer questions...

first of powder coating...yes..i do have some flaking on my springs and parts of my arms..BUT that being said...its ONLY DUE TO IMPROPER COATING...make sure to have them sand blasted good..will run about 175 if u sand blast urself...anways..the problem with mine is the morons didnt put on a thick enough coat the first time..which it should only be ONE coat...so it was flashing through..so they re did another coat to cover up on certain parts...-the springs and lower a arms..and that caused some flakin..they went right over the original poly urathane...so make SURE unlike me..to not walk out of there unless u take a look at each peice..if its not good enough...(within reason) mine werent good at all the first coat..it was good in spots and parts then others it was faded ..so i make them put on a nother coat...i wont worry about it till spring...ill show u some close up pics later..just remind me...

Anyways..darting?? acctually..no in the snow conditions i was in..nada...none...they tracked great..sometimes a little push..but thats when i was flying around corners at 80-90 mph ...and not leanin to much...again if u read my post..im not saying there better then C and A or SLT or anything...but there better then the stockers..and for off trail there obviously better then stockers...im buying them because of the price...its a darn good deal...
The middle is just as wide as the stock ski...they have a fairly flat bottom...racing??? i dont know...maybe not quite flat and super thick for racing..BUT...i pounded the crap out of them this weekend..as i mentioned in another post..it was the weekend of AIR TIME...and i didnt notice any disadvantage to them..the parabolic middle makes carving easier in the deep snow i was in compared to the standard wide old skis..best mountain ski?? naw..but again better then stock...its all about compromising...i think they do a good job on trails and off trail...

where was i in michigan???....read my post on the trails section..i stayed in silver city...where did i go?? south :)...secret areas..hunt around..theres spots to find !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts