Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I DON'T LIKE TO TAKE THE WORD OF THE COMPANIES THAT MAKE THE KITS TO SERIOUSLY. SINCE YOU HAVE REAL WORLD TESTED A KIT I WOULD VALUE YOUR OPINION MUCH MORE..... ANY INFO ON YOUR SET-UP WOULD BE NICE.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hey fireball.

I am running the DP Clutch Kit, V-Force III and 23/40 gearing.

I put some miles on the sled prior to adding the goods, and all I can say is.....BLISTERS!!

Meaning... I now have nasty blisters on my left and right hands from trying to control/hold onto this crotch rocket!

I'm going to play around with a couple other gearing combinations, but the clutch kit and reeds are staying.

It's scarry fast!!!! :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Fire Chicken,
I running the Dakota kit also. Did you get the DP2 Helix or the DP3 Helix ? Which weights did you get ? I got the 62 gram weights with the DP2 Helix.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Fireball , hate to say I told you so on this kit Fire Chicken let me know if u find a gear set u like better for all around riding I tried about every thing & this seemed to be best all aroundsetup

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Boys

I have the DP2 Helix with 65g weights.(I'm 215 lbs).I wanted to keep the top end...Have not changed the gears as of yet ,Jeff at DP also suggested the 23/40 gear combo for a 1-3 mph increase... I will be installing Carbon Tech reeds on the Factory Cages...From what I have read, the reeds are the same as the ones from the 800-900 ZR's in 2001-2003...

With just the Kit only, I ran 110 on a 1/4-1/2 mile river run...River was hard snowpacked , great for high speed running..

Have any of you guys installed or are going to try the SP air breather kit that increases intake size?

Let me know on the SP kit and if anyone can confirm that the reeds are indeed the same...

Have a Great New Year guys!

Captainkirk

·
Registered
1 Posts
^_^ I WAS INTERESTED IN A CLUTCH KIT ALSO BUT WASN'T SURE WHICH KIT TO GET. I have looked at goodwin,blackmagic what do you think is the best bet. I want something to still be quick off the line but I have a rx-1 that I will be running against on the lake. What is the best combo for that style of riding and what kit should I GO WITH? If you suggest the DP which one?
I see there is a couple of choices with that kit as far as weights,helixes etc.. I WOULD REALLY APRECIATE YOUR FEED BACK THANKS SO MUCH

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi

Give Jeff at Dakota Performance a call with all your info...your weight, sled type( std SP), and what you are trying to achieve....He will also suggest gear combos....He seems honest and stands behind his product...The only thing I did not find to keen was that the face of his weights were very irregular and needed to be emory clothed down to a smooth finish...otherwise my rollers would have been taken out in a very short time...nothing major but couold have been done in his shop before being mailed out..

I have his kit installed and am very pleased..it get to top end in a much quicker time frame.

His number is....1-701-452-4212

Captainkirk

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
were his 65's the cutlers also...

We have seen some good results with our kit also. The acceleration is about 3-5 sleds better to 80, then the top is about the same..

I have my sled..with our kit and 23-40's and my 235lb ass running pretty equal to a buddies that weighs 160.. If we switch it over revs..so no comparo. on that. But of course we have different helix and/or spring for the lighter weight people.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dan

Yes they were for my kit...Not very impressed with the face or these weights though....Have not done the gear change as of yet but will soon...

Captainkirk

·
Registered
148 Posts
When I installed my clutch kit I installed the V-force reeds also. I also took 1 thin shim out of the driven. I had already done the snopro air tube mod. Snowmobile seemed slower from 0-50 mph, then a rocket from 50 -100 mph. I did 2 other runs and tached 8060 on one and 8260 on the other. I didn't have room to do a top end run. Discussed this with byoffcr and Jeff. Jeff seemed to think I was spinning the track which was causing my over rev. He recommended changing the gears to 23-40. I will try this and see what happens. See if it brings my rpms down. I have to wait for more snow.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Well i have the same set up as you! It flys i have 23-40 gears in it, rpm is a little to low like 7500-7600(with stock gearing it was 7750-7800) i am going to take 1gram off the cltuch arms. But sled flys raced a F7 killed it! A 98SRX Killed it!! Sled flys!!
Skydog P.S. 300 mile not one problem! :wub:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I got a DP3 with reeds it pulls hard of the line never got to try it on top,had a drag in 660' with a 03 zr 900 had him by about 4 len........ :blink: and going to put on air box mod....... :D

·
Registered
986 Posts
Glad to see you children are having fun with your DP kits ,now lets quit fooling around & kick some butt BIG TIME HE HE

1 - 15 of 15 Posts