Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just sittin here thinkin about how cool it would be to own an Apex RTX and I was wondering if everybody is happy with their machine.I have a Viper and after owning Poo's I think this machine should be a hell of an upgrade.Did you guys come from another brand of machine and get an Apex or were you alway's Yammy guy's.I think the Viper is an awesome looking sled but the Apex is definitly the best looking sled out there. Although just because a sled looks cool doesn't mean its any good. By what I have read the Apex is a little heavy but doesn't a heavy machine handle better if the weight is properly distributed? I appreciate any input and any pictures of your 2006's and 2007's Apex's.Just for fun If I put my Viper against An Apex in a drag race how many sled lengths would I be behind?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I was just sittin here thinkin about how cool it would be to own an Apex RTX and I was wondering if everybody is happy with their machine.I have a Viper and after owning Poo's I think this machine should be a hell of an upgrade.Did you guys come from another brand of machine and get an Apex or were you alway's Yammy guy's.I think the Viper is an awesome looking sled but the Apex is definitly the best looking sled out there. Although just because a sled looks cool doesn't mean its any good. By what I have read the Apex is a little heavy but doesn't a heavy machine handle better if the weight is properly distributed? I appreciate any input and any pictures of your 2006's and 2007's Apex's.Just for fun If I put my Viper against An Apex in a drag race how many sled lengths would I be behind?[/b]

No complaints here. I was just getting comfortable on it last year but loved every minute of it. I hope we get some snow soon as my goal is/was to get 3k miles on it this year. The only things I've done to it are a stiffer rear spring and the riser from a Apex Mountain. :div20:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hahaha if we ever get snow so i can ride it i'll be more than happy to let you know so. I like it so far! :) :i_need_snow:

·
Registered
31 Posts
OO I got mine this christmas, 07 attak.
I love this sled. I came from a 800xc. and let me tell you no comparsion.
I love the 4 stroke torque and power. and we have about a foot and a half worth of snow here. and out of town about a 45 minute drive.
and there is over 2 and half feet, and the attak did better then i thought with a 1.5 inch lug. and I havent raced a viper yet but i think i would take some sled lenghts.

If I was going to invest into a sled, go four srtoke hands down. reliabilty.. power.. and aftermarket stuff is great. yamaha baby!!

never buying a 2 stroke again.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
I was just sittin here thinkin about how cool it would be to own an Apex RTX and I was wondering if everybody is happy with their machine.I have a Viper and after owning Poo's I think this machine should be a hell of an upgrade.Did you guys come from another brand of machine and get an Apex or were you alway's Yammy guy's.I think the Viper is an awesome looking sled but the Apex is definitly the best looking sled out there. Although just because a sled looks cool doesn't mean its any good. By what I have read the Apex is a little heavy but doesn't a heavy machine handle better if the weight is properly distributed? I appreciate any input and any pictures of your 2006's and 2007's Apex's.Just for fun If I put my Viper against An Apex in a drag race how many sled lengths would I be behind?[/b]
I had an 02 Viper and I enjoyed it very much, but the Vector and Apex 4-strokers, IMO, are much better. :div20:

Do you see any OWNERS complaining about anything significant. :dunno: About the only complaint I see in this forum is the 06 Apex hand warmers didn't work too well or there are not any good rearview mirrors available. :doh: As far as I can see there are very few complaints in the Yamaha 4-stroke forum. :div20:

Mark :beerchug:

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have a 06 Apex RTX , got it last year new and love it.
I have had my share of sleds, mostly doos .
Even had 3 Revs .both 800s the 03 then a 04 800 HO.
Too rider forward for me Im 6'3 and didnt like being cramped up for long rides.
We now ride 200 + miles a day ( ok last year) and Im ready for more.
On the rev I was done after 120 miles.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I love my new o7 apex rtx, I only have 165 miles on it. I came off 05 f7 I will say most of the day i didnt notice aany weight difference over the f7 until the trail to my brother house which is really tight and twisty. Power is awesome hole shots 03 f7 only raced up to about 80 so dont know who is faster top end. Overall really happy with the sled.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I got mine last year in march. good deal leftover. Have put on 1200 miles thus far. The ski's suck big time, put pilots on and it's on rails. fat boy spring cause the mono bottoms on big whoops, but all in all the ride is good, not great but good! I came from a F-7 cat, would I go back? I would never say never at this point. I love the four stroke engine, it is awesome, unless you have to work on it. 1 hour to change plugs? hope to never foul on the trail, you will need on-star!! :smilielol: :smilielol: I wish it was more nimble on tight windy trails, but it's alot of sled, and I don't mean heavy, just alot of sled. Same with any sled that weights 530+ pounds. Wind screen sucks, no protection and the taller sheild, IMO looks like shit. Oh, well. Fit and finish is excellent. Would I buy same sled today? Yes I would so far. Warranty work? wheels replaced in suspension, grease zirts, bent a A-arm, handwarmers and all under warranty. Thats OK so far. Dealer is great, but he also sells Doo and Poo and I'm sure He takes care of his people, regardless of the brand.
I hope this helps you out. :div20:

·
Registered
602 Posts
I got mine last year in march. good deal leftover. Have put on 1200 miles thus far. The ski's suck big time, put pilots on and it's on rails. fat boy spring cause the mono bottoms on big whoops, but all in all the ride is good, not great but good! I came from a F-7 cat, would I go back? I would never say never at this point. I love the four stroke engine, it is awesome, unless you have to work on it. 1 hour to change plugs? hope to never foul on the trail, you will need on-star!! :smilielol: :smilielol: I wish it was more nimble on tight windy trails, but it's alot of sled, and I don't mean heavy, just alot of sled. Same with any sled that weights 530+ pounds. Wind screen sucks, no protection and the taller sheild, IMO looks like shit. Oh, well. Fit and finish is excellent. Would I buy same sled today? Yes I would so far. Warranty work? wheels replaced in suspension, grease zirts, bent a A-arm, handwarmers and all under warranty. Thats OK so far. Dealer is great, but he also sells Doo and Poo and I'm sure He takes care of his people, regardless of the brand.
I hope this helps you out. :div20:[/b]
Changing plugs is still faster than changing rings on OTHER SLEDS .
No names mentioned.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Its a great sled, providing you use it in its element, and understand its weaknesses. I ride mostly in Quebec, where the trails are groomed and fast. Up there, I can't think of a sled that I'd rather be on. The motor is addictive, turbine smooth and way fast. It uses less fuel up there than any sled except a Vector of 600 SDI, plus no oil. I'm on my second 4 stroke, and none of mine burned oil in over 5000 miles between the two. They really ride good, handle stable and turn well. The GTs need to stiffened, way soft imo, and can steer heavy or dart in wet packy low speed conditions. I put ski savers and shims on mine this year, and had no darting at all in crap conditions for 425 miles over the weekend. If you ride on rough high traffic trails, you'll feel the weight, just like you would if you rode a Mach Z or Cat 1000.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts