Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I washed the sled(F7). Its the end of the season. Washed the motor compartment. When I was finished I want to start the sled this happened three times. The sled would fire up, then stall, after the third time nothing. No spark! What happened? What go wet? I disconnected all of the wire harnesses sprayed with contact cleaner. Thats where I left it, Left them open to dry. Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt Gilbert

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jonnyglasses,

Thanks for nothing. Obviously its after the fact.

Matt Gilbert

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I'm not sure Arctic Cat really cares if you sink it during watercross, BECAUSE IT'S A SNOWMOBILE.

·
Registered
443 Posts
ZR6,
On the older sled (not to sure about firecats) There is a square connector that connects The engine to the rest of the electrcal system. What has happened in the past is it either gets wet and shorts or it get corrodid( my spelling sucks so bare with me). It used to be located by the mag side by the carbs on the older sleds. I would check that first. Typically it used to get shorted because antifreeze would drip on it from the overflow tube. Yours maybe be a little different or in a different location. Also check the inside of the sparkplug caps for water. If you used high preasure it could have gotten under them. this would cause them to short out before spark could even get to the plugs. Then check for fuses. The older sled did not have fuses but maybe the new firecats do. Other then that let it sit for a couple of days and try it again. The new firecats are kinda out of my league but I felt obligated to at least try since jonnyglasses was being such a jerk. Great way to support your fellow riders. I guess this is why it's a dieing sport. Good luck and lets us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Turborider,

I've been using contact cleaner on all of the connections. No luck. I'm going to have to start checking components.

Matt Gilbert

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I wonder if it would help to use a fan to help dry it out quicker, that or compressed air. I have washed my engine bay before, but I always do it with a hot engine and have not had any trouble. My sled usually starts very easy, but when hot the slightest tug gets it going. My thought is that if it is hot it will reduce the likelyhood of water getting into some places because everything will expand and seal better, and it will start with less need for perfect conditions. That does not help your current situation, but maybe a heads up for the next time if you didn't start with a hot motor. FWIW

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did some checking yesterday. Its comming down to the ECU. I'm going to try My ECU on my buddys sled then I'll know for sure. Why isn't there a protection device on this control? Something we can reset. Very easy to do.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm doing the work because i'll find the real problem and will be able to not make the same mistake again. Also, I have never had any success with any dealer ship. They keep your sled outside, they don't get the work done in a timely manner, 9 out of 10 times a ceritfied mech. isn't doing hte work, usually some kid. I'll know more about this sled than most will ever want to know when I'm finished. As far as material, when I find the prob. then it will go to the dealer unless I can talk the material out of them. I would much rather do the work myself.

Matt Gilbert

1 - 12 of 12 Posts