Hardcore Sledder banner

heres a good one

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  turborider 
#1 ·
well, every time i seem to go on a trip my handwarmers go out that makes me upset since my hands get cold and i am atleast 15 hrs from my dealer and in the mountains, but anyways thats a little problem, on both spindles that part that is hooked to the steering arm and the spindle are both cracked, and the theads are shot, ok well i like my cat alot ok just sad right now, but i went to check my plugs after the update (granite it ran great before) but i rode 70 miles to a quart of oil i would expect that to be very well, right well my plugs were white (what the hell) i dont know what to say about that but i am disappointed. Ok i got home tuesday morning from Wyoming, went to start the sled pulled on it 20 times or so (yes there was gas in it half a tank) god damn recoil broke ( 2nd time) so finally i am pissed off, just a couple questions for ya, is there a lemon clause on sleds cause this is bull, why not a 2 year warranty, and why dont you guys get all the prblems solved before the production cause my sled is at the dealer more than in my garage, jeez i am so sick and tired of this sled, i like the brand but god damn i spent over $8000.00 on this thing i would think it would last more than a 1000 mi. ya know something else, i called cat on tuesday hell they wont even return my call, hey by the way i would sell it or trade it in but i would get fucked so i have to keep it unless i can get a new one like that other guy got that bitched, but maybe i have to do more of that. I do have to say that this web site was a great place to find out things thanks guys, sorry but i hope everyone understands what some people are going through with these sleds

See less See more
#6 ·
Did AC even ride these things before giveing them to us ginnepigs. Now I'm in a better situation then some of you because I ride a zr900 not a firecat. But I have only owned arctic cats and I can see that the arctic cat has gone way down hill with the quallity of their products. For the first time in my snowmobiling. I have considered switching to another brand. I have had problems with my sled that just shouldn't have been. I think that AC was in such a big hurry to relase these sleds to answer the release of the rave that they forgot the most inportant thing. Customer satifacton. If it were not for all the dealers out there that do there best to help us cosumers that Arctic cat would be loseing a great deal more customers. Talk to the dealers and you will find that they are not happy with AC either. Their customers are inportant to most of them and AC is threating that secureity for them because of the lack in build quality. I think that AC should step up to the plate and do something to instill trust again with their consumers that bought the 2003 fire cats (like exstended warrenty) After reading all the post and talking with people on the trail I think AC hosed alot of people. This is just my two cents but I feel very strong on this issue.

#7 ·
I have to agree that AC screwed alot of people. I called to complain and all I wanted was a belt. I had slippage due to the fact that I didn't know that I had purchased an $8000.00 snowmobile that when I went through snow the powder would come in through the vents, get the belt and clutches wet and then slip to the point that my F7 would be stuck while my father's ZR5 would fly right by me. (Good Trail advertising for all of the other brands that went by) I told the guy that I wasn't happy and that my dealer had gone out of their way to make me happy, they gave me and installed a screen kit, while it was in the shop for the 7th SB that I had. I asked the guy with Arctic Cat Service if I was supposed to purchase another Cat ever with the wonderful quality and service I had received from AC and he flat out said,"NO!" I am pretty sure I'll be following his advice.

#8 ·
:ph34r: Pull the rope straight out when you start it. If you are not sure what straight is open the hood and see that your not rubbing the console when you tug her over. It took me three ropes to figure out what was going on. Also the cheap update is done too right? Make sure your dealer is putting the UPDATED rope on , not what he has just laying around, it really does make a difference. I have 2500 miles on my third rope and can honestly say it looks just like new. If this just don't cut it with order yourself a f6 console, that looks idiot proof to me, no sharp edges on the cosole and a grommet, or perhaps one of the fixes for sale on this site ?

#9 ·
no offence got snow but why would i buy a f-6, i ride in the mountains i need the power, plus my sled has a 151 kit with a 1 1/2 track but i just ordered a 2 1/4 track. and also i only pull my recoil out about 2 feet from the console and i have a rubber tube running from the recoil to the console, and they have been giving me new rope. to be honest with everybody i would have set this sled on fire if it wasnt for my dealer

#10 ·
Sabercat ,
Had the same gripe with my ZR900. On my cowl there is an opening for cooling the clutch. Installed screen kit and it didn't help. Asked dealer what would happen if I blocked it . He said that the clutch would over heat and crack. I decided to do it anyways except. I left a gap at the botom about 1inch. I haven't cracked the clutch and the problem seldom shows up unless it is really cold and there is alot of snow dust blowing around. You may want to check and see if you have one of these opening on your sled. If you need a referance point mine is on the left side (sitting on it) at the very bottom. I also have a piece of metal deflecting the wind down on the clutch that came from the factory. I left that intact. hope this will help ya.

#11 ·
Originally posted by Turborider@Mar 21 2003, 02:35 PM
Did AC even ride these things before giveing them to us ginnepigs. Now I'm in a better situation then some of you because I ride a zr900 not a firecat. But I have only owned arctic cats and I can see that the arctic cat has gone way down hill with the quallity of their products. For the first time in my snowmobiling. I have considered switching to another brand. I have had problems with my sled that just shouldn't have been. I think that AC was in such a big hurry to relase these sleds to answer the release of the rave that they forgot the most inportant thing. Customer satifacton. If it were not for all the dealers out there that do there best to help us cosumers that Arctic cat would be loseing a great deal more customers. Talk to the dealers and you will find that they are not happy with AC either. Their customers are inportant to most of them and AC is threating that secureity for them because of the lack in build quality. I think that AC should step up to the plate and do something to instill trust again with their consumers that bought the 2003 fire cats (like exstended warrenty) After reading all the post and talking with people on the trail I think AC hosed alot of people. This is just my two cents but I feel very strong on this issue.

Just to set the record straight, Arctic Cat started the rave with the release of the 02 Snopro in Nov. Ski-Doo didn't show there face till Dec. with an Open class only Rev. And Polaris, well they still haven't.

I do feel that quality control is an issue though.

#12 ·
I stand corrected. I did do a little more research after I opened my big mouth and you are correct. The thing is that the snowcrossers had some of the same issues. They went and corrected the problems themselves. Exsamples are they reiforced the tunels. They also add extra wheels to the back to stablize the sleds when landing. Some did not run stock motors the ran aftermarket engines. And the list contiues. Why didn't AC correct these problems when they relesed them to the plublic? They knew there were problems. The are constantly stating that what they learn on the track goes directly to production sleds. So what happened?? Don't get me wrong if Ac were to start producing sleds with the same excellent quality and performace as in the past. I would Buy my next sled fromm them. But I feel that my money would be spent else were. And if more average joes like me do like wise. Then maybe AC will get back on track. What matters most to any company is the bottom line. Sometimes you need to be drastic and shake them up a little. Their is no Doubt in my mind that they can do it. I want to ride the pride and to be proud knowing I am on the best sled on the snow. Not to listen to people say They don't build'm like they used too do they. Just my 2c

#13 ·
I realize that but I don't think you will be happy on another brand when an F7 with approx. 10/11 recalls blows by you. If your thinking of a Rev for trail riding don't, unless you like the shit beat out of your knee's and shin's. Oh did I mention you half to pick the sled up and down to fill the tank completely after 80/85 miles. Once again Polaris yea right. No thanks I will stick with A.C. their handling and engine performance are worth dealing with some problems. Just my 2 cents.

#14 ·
How was your trip to the mountains Dale ,Brad and myself were going to go this week bot nobody else wants to my rope broke last time we got snow i just put a rope around the clutch for that week im either going to get a 04 f7 red team arctic sno pro or rev 600x with 1.25 track did you ask how much youd get on trade id like to get about 5500 to 5700 ,i got 4500 last year for the 500 cross country, i can get the rev x 600 with the 1.25 track for 7300 plus tax id sell my sled for 5400 if anybody wants to buy it.

#15 ·
eric i didnt ask about trade cause i would get screwed probably i am building mine into a full blown mountain sled, by the way my buddy jesse was out west with me and he got 4.5 miles to a gallon out there it was horrilble so he went out saturday and bought a 800 1m pretty sweet sled, otherwise my trip was great until i got home. you have to swing by and look at my sled too, hey does gillis have any black c@a skis

#16 ·
cajun86,
Your probably right and no I would never even think of owning a skidoo. polaris maybe. I think That what I am going to do is ride the ZR900 one more year and then see how everybody likes there 2004s firecats.(rumor has it next year is the last of the old zr chasis) I am really happy it the way my sled handles but it did take alot of tweaking. About 2000mi worth. and I'm talking half a turn here and a Half a turn there. The Ride is excellent. Never been on a more predictably sled. I can actually run this thing hard threw the rough stuff and still walk the next day. I'm just sore and fed up with the little things. Iknow my dealer with correct what he can. So thats that. In 97 I bought an ext580efi. I loved this thing. Rode over 5,000 mi and not one thing every went wrong. except for a cracked clutch which dealer warrntyed and this was 2 yrs later. It always got me home and never left me beside the trail. Even when the clutch cracked .I was hoping for the same thing out of this new cat. Thanks for keeping me on track and lets pray the 2004s have the same quality and dependablty that we have come to expect from AC. And this was just a first year thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.