Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about my F7 getting beat on sunday and this is what they posted on another site about it.

F7 Hammered
H.O.X on 12/8/2002 7:06:00 PM

Well boys heres what happens in the real world of sled racing today in Regina, SK. A bunch of us guys got together
to do some comparing.Heres the sleds that were there Pro x 700 xc 800 xcr 800 xc700 Summit
800 HO Zr 900 an three F7 Firecats. Just to let you know before we compared the guy doing the
beaking was the one driving the F7. Drivers weights were from 140 to 235 lbs. Lightest guy driving
F7 and the heaviest guy driving summit 800 HO. So we lined up the hand dropped at 660 ft Pro X
700 XC 800 an Summit 800 HO almost even with the F7 100ft behind with the summit top ending
all of them. We did this over an over an over same results. Now the guy on the F7 is saying he is
coming on everyone. The other two F7 guys are keeping their mouth shut. SO we marked out 5000
ft and everyone lines up at 1000 two sleds out in Front XCR 800 an Summit800 HO which
has a inch an Quarter track on it. At 5000 ft the XCR had pulled three lenghts on summit. Now the
F7''''s were dead last with only making it to the half way point when the xcr and the summit guy took
their hads out of it. The rest of the sleds were well ahead of the F7 sleds.So we did this over an
over an over till they had enough. By the way Prox 700 will make a F7 Look stupid in a race
Now if you think a F7 will run with a 800 your on the wrong planet.Now with all this said one of the
F7 radius
rods broke an one of the others overheated. All I can say is pay back is a Bitch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sled-head on 12/10/2002 7:17:00 PM

Come on your stretching the truth a little. The heaviest rider was on an F7 and we were in a dirt field with a trace of snow. The F7's had no miles on them as apposed to the rest of the well broke in machines. The summit was clutched in good I must admit but the F7's were running carbides with the limiters at factory position and were digging into the frozen dirt unlike the summit with filed off wear bars. Dont brag about beating a sled that is 100 cc smaller in size and right out of the box. I recall a month ago when there was snow on the ground and the F7 made that 800 look even more silly. The fact is is that you guys have been racing for 20+ years and come out to the field set up and race BOX STOCK sleds with break in oil in the gas and want a pat on the back for it. Lets wait untill it snows.........Go out to the field and put some loot on it. I have no problem taking your money and beating up on a sled that cant even race in the 700 class. You had your day so enjoy it because next time you will be looking at my snow flap

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
hey did every one forget about the hasting MI grass drags? the f 7 won 700 single, 700 triple, 800 single , tripple and the 1000 cc stock classes. I dont give a f!uck what any one else says I saw it with my own eyes and I was there. the f7 are damn fast. PERIOD!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well said, Keep your left up, jab with it jab, now bring the right home, pow right in the kisser...LOL, Don't let them poo, doo and yammi boys get away with that....

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
it's just jealousy,or maybe just plain scared,, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like I told them they had there day..........now its for money and Ill give it full throttle this time..LOL ;)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i was at grays lake, il for the grass drags and witnessed the f-7's kick
eveyones a$$, including 800's
yes with my own eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
You don’t need to mention “saw it with my own eyes” I lived it.
I ran my F7 at a local grass drag this October, only 2 hours on it when we started. I won a few, lost a few and pulled a red light. I raced in the 700 and 700 Imp. There were 6 other Firecats there and all did well. I won two or three races in each class and my wrench pal who was running her in the 800 stock did as good as any 800 out there winning two or three heats. What it all came down to was racing in the stock classes you always run into people with honesty deficit disorders who claim their sleds to be stock. Plus the first race of the season stress with a new sled, that has had no real break in. The bottom line is no wallies for us, but we did have some big fun.
There are some major event Snow Drags coming up in our area after Christmas and I will let you know how we do when we enter the Mighty F7 Sabercat Snopro in the “STOCK 700, 700 Improved and the 800 STOCK classes. With the testing and tuning we have been doing, (using radar and stop watches) massaging the clutches, suspension and gears we will see who does who and who the wallies and cash go home with.
This gearing thing with a radar gun is going very well, I have still not found the top end (1000’ plus) due to lack of snow but I can tell you she will not be beat in 500 feet.
It is only a 5 minute job to swap gears and chains when you practice it 4 and 5 times a day out on the test strip. So if anyone wants to challenge long runs they would be more than welcome.
As far as clutching goes all I can tell you she is VIOLENT out of the hole, pulls like a mother to the end of the track and getting better each rip.
The unlimited suspension adjustment have been figured best for 500 feet with virtually no ski lift, about .5 to 1 inch off the ground the full length.
I can also tell you the SnoPro track has some advantage in snow but not much on ice or grass.
I have just over 11 hours on her now all hard and fast and she seems to loosen up each day.
Perhaps these chaps from Saskatchewan should head West after Christmas and see how they do in a professional event with light and radar on a real track. Or better yet find a road trip for me to come to out there and spank their tough sleds. Must be some Snow Drags out there somewhere. Don’t worry we travel light F7 Sabercat SnoPro, ZR6 Improved. Wildcat 650 Full Race. My kids come sometimes and bring small arms but nothing bigger than a 500. I would hope I don’t have to bring a 500 to let your pals win a race or two.
Where are you in all this Thumper perhaps you could be the impartial party and set something up.
PS Sled Head where are you from??

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I saw it with my own eyes also. Here is what My F7 has under it's belt so far:

2 ZR 800's
1 Pro X 800
1 XC 800
1 Mxz 800
1 Mxz 700
2 Mxz 670 Ho's
1Mxz Rev 600 HO
1 XC SP 600

The two closest runs were the Doo 800 and one of the Doo 670's. Me thinks he wasn't completely stock. :eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've only had my Saber 7 SP out once to speak of........................................it came home victorious......XC 800

·
Registered
629 Posts
It is for the other brands to talk trash on a web site that has all their buddys on it and they really want to believe it.

But come snow day and race day..... we are there, and we put are sled/money where our mouth is and they all shut down and go home embrassed.....

A reciepe for a win

Own a F7 that is completed the breakin period
Point the sled straight
Smashed the throtle.

Good bye brand X. see you at the parking lot, oh by the way, if on my way back to the parking lot, I see you along the trail, I will stop and tow you back, and to be a sport, I won't make you apologize for your trash talking

·
Registered
53 Posts
We have found in some testing (with radar gun and laptop) 20 lbs of extra weight can usually slow a sled about 1 mph in 660 ft. Do the math for time and distance and it adds up quickly...a lot of variable can change with rolling resistance too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I race in Saskatchewan & Manitoba and am located in Regina. I've left a message on the other site calling these boys out. My F7 setup has proven lethal to many a 800 this season and I only have 15 miles on it. I want to break it in properly, but every rider I see who drives the other brands wants to prove how slow Artic Cat is. I am a former polaris owner and have raced for many years. I will tell you, this F7 is for real so the other brands better take a good look at her because when it comes to the races all their gonna see is my tail light. (No brag, just fact) :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I hear you-I went down to the dragstrip to make a couple passes at my local club the other day-then I was going to hit the trails-people came out of the woodwork! They all wanted to take a shot at the F7. Even when they cheated and jumped the start I still ran them down in 500 ft. (and I weigh 220#) It really pi$$es me off when guys cheat though- if you want to see how your sled stacks up then play fair.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by K & K Racing@Dec 12 2002, 11:15 AM
I race in Saskatchewan & Manitoba and am located in Regina.  I've left a message on the other site calling these boys out.  My F7 setup has proven lethal to many a 800 this season and I only have 15 miles on it.  I want to break it in properly, but every rider I see who drives the other brands wants to prove how slow Artic Cat is.  I am a former polaris owner and have raced for many years.  I will tell you, this F7 is for real so the other brands better take a good look at her because when it comes to the races all their gonna see is my tail light.  (No brag, just fact) :ph34r:
HEY..........I know who you are..........We tried calling you to come out and race with us and help hang a beating on those Ski-Doo and Polaris boys.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i have an F5 and im wondering what would be a great way to break it in...couple of my friends want to race....their 500 are the fastest ones in town....they are 03' XCSP 500, 03' Edge X 500, 00' MXZ adrenaline....and couple other machines also....im the only one in town with an F5 and my buddies are talkin trash saying Arctic Cat sucks....i just wanna shut them up

·
Registered
289 Posts
Allrighty then... sounds like a faceoff...
Set it up dudes. I can meet anywhere,,, Saskatchewan... Alberta .....tell me where. My mighty F7Sabercat SP is just waiting to carve your losses into my bellypan
Use the force

·
Registered
67 Posts
Listen sled ged my F7 did not look too stupid when it was 3-4 sled length in front of a brand new X 700 if you dont like all tke talk about how great this cat is then go some where else

1 - 20 of 30 Posts