Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am replacing the idler wheel on my 89 indy 400..and now im just tryin to get the skid back together just to see fi it will...anfd i dunno whats up but it will not go back together..the only thing i took apart was the shaft with the idler wheel on it..if you dont get what im saying then tell me and i will try to explain it better..well i cant get the shaft into the hole..it just wont give me enough slack to get them lined up the shaft comes up short..how do i do this can i loosen up tension on the spring or what?..how is this done?

EDIT:picture of where the shaft has to go into..you have to click on it to inlarge it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
yes loosen spring & get a rachet strap to pull it up where it needs to be ,take measurements till there good to go in.There is a thread on this just couple weeks ago not shur where,might find it with search.

thought you was trying to get in sled ,still would loosen springs.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by xcbullet@Oct 2 2005, 08:54 PM
yes loosen spring & get a rachet strap to pull it up where it needs to be ,take measurements till there good to go in.There is a thread on this just couple weeks ago not shur where,might find it with search.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904550
[/quote]

I dont have a ratchet strap could i het away without using one?..maybe just get a friend over?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts