Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking for help/suggestions in reducing inside ski lift when cornering on 05 F6 EXT.

Over the past couple of years I have been reading the posts and trying to set up the suspension accordingly. This year I added studs for safety and as might be expected the ski lift has increased. Increased to the point that cornering has become an adventure. When trying to come out of a corner with any speed, the ski is always up and I find myself either hanging way out or backing off.

Currently the sled is set up as follows as my previous concern was pushing into the corners.

Front limiter straps pulled up about 1/2" from stock position.
Very little pressure on front suspension shock spring, just so spring does not rattle.
Coupling blocks added per suggestion of local dealer.
Studded with two 1.325" Woody's Mega Bytes per row (new this year).
7" Shappers
Front ski spring colar about 1/2 way up threads.

Thanks,

·
Registered
927 Posts
im assuming if you have already figured out what you have then you probably have the sway bar in correct? everything you have seems to be just right. do you have stock skis on it? if not the ski might bite hard enough to transfer the weight to fast? But still that wouldnt be the problem as skis are supposed to bite hard!

i know with my firecat the ski is usually 2-3 feet off the ground on corners but ive gotten so used to it that letting off isnt an issue, just have to keep balance! sorry man, dont know what to tell you otherwise!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think you might have your front ski spring done up too much. Try adjusting it so there is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 of an inch from the bottom of the shock threads to the bottom of the spring adjuster collar. Also you have too much carbide on the front skis just run the 4 inch woody's offset or doolys that is how I had my F-7 set up until I put C&A's on and it used to handle pretty ecent but with the C&A's it is another world of riding.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My buddy had the same problem, two weeks ago we were riding and I had him tighten(Compress) the front springs so that there is 4" of threads showing at the bottom and he said the ski lift had been reduced. I have an 05 f7R and that is how mine is set up with the c&A razors and I have little if any ski lift. Have 153 studs also. My limiter strap is at factory setting. Good luck
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Sincve there are no coupler blocks on the EXT the best you can do is adjust spring pressure and limiter.

I have been messing around on mine for 3 years and still haven't been able to eliminate the issue.

One thing that really improved the handling though was to get different skis. I use Razors myself.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments.

I have couplers installed and set on 2, will switch to 3 and see if that help. When the couplers were installed, the front skid shock was moved to the back skid hole, was in the middle.

I read on another posts that the rear should be set up so that when seated the rear should compress 3". This comment was in a thread for non EXT. I am 200 lbs and when on the seat, the rear barely compresses, an 1" or so. If I sit on bumper, then the compression is about 3". This is with the lightest setting. Is this normal on EXTs?

I will get a set of Razors with 7.5" Shappers, I don't think this will help with ski lift but hopefully will improve trail and deep snow performance.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Thanks for the comments.

I have couplers installed and set on 2, will switch to 3 and see if that help. When the couplers were installed, the front skid shock was moved to the back skid hole, was in the middle.

I read on another posts that the rear should be set up so that when seated the rear should compress 3". This comment was in a thread for non EXT. I am 200 lbs and when on the seat, the rear barely compresses, an 1" or so. If I sit on bumper, then the compression is about 3". This is with the lightest setting. Is this normal on EXTs?

I will get a set of Razors with 7.5" Shappers, I don't think this will help with ski lift but hopefully will improve trail and deep snow performance.[/b]

Try that coupler change, should make a diff.
Is your sled trying to lift both ski's or just one out of a corner??
If one ski, add a couple rounds more ski-spring tension.
If both then deff more coupler.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I was going to suggest turning up the suspension rebound spring to the 3rd setting but with you may already have them on the stiff setting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts