Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone give me specs of 020 and 021 belt. cant find belt chart. funny thing happened. when we had snow last I grenaded a 020 belt on my f7. put my spare on and finished my ride. I was messin in the garage yesterday an noticed my spare that I put on is a 021. thought my spare was a020. must have just grabbed the wrong one at the dealer
funny thing is that it really picked up out of the hole with the 021. at first I thought it was because my 020 was old and was giving up. but once I realized I had the " wrong" belt on I got looking into it. the 021 looks wider. the belt/sheave clearance on the primary is alot tighter, maybe .010 clerance. and the belt is way out of the secondary compared to the 020. Im kinda suprised that it even worked, but it worked fine. so if anyone has belt specs, I would like to se how much different they are. thanks

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Same belt sizes but the 021 compound is real soft (for drag racing) but will wear out too fast on the trail IMO.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
:celebrating:

The belt being wider tightend up your belt to sheave. Giving you an smoother engagment. The belt being longer De-clutched the sled and gave you more low and mid range. This works great because the belt to sheave tightening up gives you more top end the longer belt gave you more low and mid range. Good opps.....

Make sure your belt to sheave is not to tight much tighter than .020 and you will put groves in the primary. .010 is race only and if you don't care about the groves.

Don.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks hate & donno.I thought the 021 might be 1/32 wider. my old 020 must have really been on its way out , I better keep a closer eye on my stuff lol. makes sence then . primary shim is stock, so belt/sheave clearance should be ok. I just eyeballed it and it looked tight. I knew .010 was too tight for trails, should be .025 or better. thanks for the chart donno. Ill file it so I dont have to ask any more dumb questions :banghead:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts