Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i put my zr580 away for the night it has a normal coolant level, but when i go back out in the morning, the level has dropped. What could this be?????? Please help me out!!!!! ASAP

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hot coolant expands giving a higher level reading. In the morning it has cooled off and contracted giving you a lower level of coolant in the tank. As long as it is up to the hot level when the engine is up to operating temperature it's ok.

·
Registered
863 Posts
if its leaks out and you go out and its showing some in the tank you should be ok till you get some more as long as you dont ride a long time...my zr does the same thing, not to the extent yours does but they all do it bud...no worries!! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
If it's an EFI their is a coolant hose on the left side that goes to the throttle bodies,rubs on the
chassis ,but more than likely it's the waterpump mechchanical seal ,reach in just under the
water pump housing(just under the exhaust manifold)you will probably have antifreeze just barely leaking
there. to properly replace the seal you have to pull the engine and drive it out from the other side,same shaft drives
the oil pump,BUT some times its just the clearence between the pump impeller and the bolt and rubber
coated washer that holds the impeller on..push in on the impeller and see if there is any play between the
washer and impeller ,if there is thats where its leaking(anti freeze seeps into this space and down the
shaft and out the weep hole) take out the bolt and carefully grind a few thousands off the shaft so there is
no play between the two.........or maybe it's just a clamp some where.......

·
Registered
25 Posts
No...If you are not equipped or comfortable with this repair take it to a good dealer..We have done
some of these repairs after some dealers have hacked out the seals with a screwdriver....do not do it that way...

·
Registered
539 Posts
yz 114-if your level is the same nite after nite dont worry this is normal e-mail me scotlandmade @aol.com have to ck. my used parts inventory,i will give you some tips on how t make that thing rock

·
Registered
168 Posts
mabey are you filling it up over the fill line because if you are then it would just leak out. hey and dont use all your antifreeze gize me some i need it bad and i aint got no $ i mean im your neighbor its the least you could do

1 - 14 of 14 Posts