Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Story: Got the F7`s colant bottle fixed at dealer. They also Burped it. They got an air bubble out cause they had to put more colant in. I ran it for ten min till the heat exchangers were warm. I rode the sled about little less than a half mile on about turned around and headed back noticed a bog now this was on an inch of snow. Just to make sure it was in condition to head up to The UP. I was coming back into the yard and noticed my check engine light blinking. So I shut it down and felt the heat exchangers and they were hot but I could hold my hand on them. I touched the head and it was too hot to hold my hand on for more that a moment. I also noticed that there was a smell like burnt plastic. And steam comming out of the area around the seat.
I never went over 45 - 50 and didn`t break 6 grand.

Whats the deal, just not having enuff snow or do you think I have a bubble in the head.

WHAT SHOULD I DO.

On the upside I was impressed with the way it acceled. Does anyone want to trade me an F5 for this bitch, even up?????

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please guys whats the deal here. I`m jumping up and down waiving my arms.

How hot should the head be when you touch it? Can you Hold your finger on it for a 2,3 , 4 secs? Why does it smell?

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
so far they have all smelled...But on the cylinder you should be able to hold your fingers on it for a few seconds...no sizzle-thats hot...the head may be hotter than the cylinders, that is possible.. but they should be close.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
On my f7 after running for a couple hour's of racing i could keep my
finger on the head for at least 3-4 sec no proplem..it was warm not hot
by all means...hope this help's in some way.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
i ran my f 7 the other night for about a 1/2 hour
and i could hold my fingers on the head for several seconds.
if you cant touch your head for more then 3 or 4 seconds
I WOULD BURP IT AGAIN

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Slider79@Dec 5 2002, 06:33 PM
Story: Got the F7`s colant bottle fixed at dealer. They also Burped it. They got an air bubble out cause they had to put more colant in. I ran it for ten min till the heat exchangers were warm. I rode the sled about little less than a half mile on about turned around and headed back noticed a bog now this was on an inch of snow. Just to make sure it was in condition to head up to The UP. I was coming back into the yard and noticed my check engine light blinking. So I shut it down and felt the heat exchangers and they were hot but I could hold my hand on them. I touched the head and it was too hot to hold my hand on for more that a moment. I also noticed that there was a smell like burnt plastic. And steam comming out of the area around the seat.
I never went over 45 - 50 and didn`t break 6 grand.

Whats the deal, just not having enuff snow or do you think I have a bubble in the head.

WHAT SHOULD I DO.

On the upside I was impressed with the way it acceled. Does anyone want to trade me an F5 for this bitch, even up?????
If there was steam coming from under the seat you are probably ok. It was just hot. The steam from under shows the cooler was hot, and that's good! The problems come when that darn cooler is luke warm when the engine is hot. I think you are OK

·
Registered
81 Posts
alleycat is absolutely correct. and oh ya most of that smell is the paint on inside of pipe burning off(cat dips the pipes not just paints the outside) i dont know why because i got 120 miles on mine and the pipe is peeling already lol

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the help but I`m still going to be paranoid for the first few miles.

I`ll burb my Bitch again.

I also like anybody should do is READ THE MANUAL.

It states in low snow conditions your check engine light will blink when you go slow like I was cause there is not enuff AIR/Snow movement thru the tunnel.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by BlackSaber7@Dec 6 2002, 02:35 AM
That was one thing I thought with mine & and my buddies, They wtick to high heaven at frst. It'll go away.
What I cant read jibberish. I can read it all but the (wtick) whats that?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hey Slider, thats Burp the Baby. Burping the Bitch only applies to SkiDoos.

Kevin

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My sled SHE is a BITCH, in a good way.

Its practically my Girl friend cause I spent all my money on it and can only ride it when the conditions are right. Also it likes the cold Like most cold hearted bitches.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts