Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys talked about this before and now i finally got to ride mine for the first time how did you guys solve the pushing and the ski lift in the corners. It dont handle like my zr800. I slid ahead all the way it didnt seem to make a difference. I have a f-7 sno pro with the 1.375 and i have a set of C and A race skies with 4 inch carbide(i will go to the 8inch this weekend)and no studs. If some of you boys with some miles can give me a pointer or two i would appreciate it thanks Cat Fever

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
all sleds push ! shorten you limiter strap up get more ski pressure. also lossen your front springs ! i diden't think it would help until i did it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought so I live just north of Fort Dodge.. kinda sucks about winter fest again this year doesnt it... Cat Fever

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
right now all we have to ride is the raccon river ! it's ok but need more snow!!! we get on at adel and ride north

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Originally posted by Cat Fever@Jan 21 2003, 11:23 PM
I thought so I live just north of Fort Dodge.. kinda sucks about winter fest again this year doesnt it... Cat Fever
ya 2years in a row :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Switta - Thought you might be from Iowa from the looks of your picture crossing the H2O... Live in Des Moines and ride the Raccoon west and north. In fact, looks like a big pow-wow this Sunday. Lets ride!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I guess in my opinion I wouldn't put 8" carbides on unless you are going to stud it. I tried it and if you hit the slightest bit of ice your ass end will slide all over the place. Has anybody else experienced this? This is just my experience. I ended up switching back to the 4" and am still contemplating studding the track. I am leaning more towards leaving it the way it is, unless we get some snow in Minnesota and I can ride it locally. (I have only been able to ride it out of town in the U.P.).

·
Registered
534 Posts
Standard F7.

I still get some ski lift, probably more than I realize.

I have 156 studs in the track. 10 " carbides on the Cat skis. Set coupling blocks to 2 greatly reduced the ski lift. There is still some ski lift. It doesn't rail like a zr yet. My ZR probably had to much ski lift also, I'm kind of partial to having some ski lift.

The limit strap changes are a good idea also.

I'm happy enough with the stock skis and 10" of carbide, to probably stay with that configuration rather than go with C&A's. If I did a lot of powder riding I'd probably get the C&A's because they are bigger and would provide more floatation.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by ATOMICAT@Jan 22 2003, 03:41 PM
I'm happy enough with the stock skis and 10" of carbide, to probably stay with that configuration rather than go with C&A's. If I did a lot of powder riding I'd probably get the C&A's because they are bigger and would provide more floatation.
Just a point.. I found the C&As were pretty helpless in deep snow.. Certainly not nearly as good as the Powder Pros. Check out my ski test at: http://www.hardcoresledder.com/images/ski_..._test/index.htm

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Originally posted by rob+Jan 22 2003, 05:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ATOMICAT
@Jan 22 2003, 03:41 PM
I'm happy enough with the stock skis and 10" of carbide, to probably stay with that configuration rather than go with C&A's.  If I did a lot of powder riding I'd probably get the C&A's because they are bigger and would provide more floatation.
Just a point.. I found the C&As were pretty helpless in deep snow.. Certainly not nearly as good as the Powder Pros. Check out my ski test at: http://www.hardcoresledder.com/images/ski_..._test/index.htm[/b]
Rob,

I agreee with you that the powder pros would better than the trail c&a skis in deep snow. But i wonder about the race c&a's soince they are wider and would offer better floatation. But i was beginning to think, i seen a bunch of snocross sleds pics fromt he wsa and tuker hibber has them, they are using powder pros in snowcross! so i think the powder pro may be a better ski.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Originally posted by Braaap1@Jan 22 2003, 01:02 PM
Switta - Thought you might be from Iowa from the looks of your picture crossing the H2O... Live in Des Moines and ride the Raccoon west and north. In fact, looks like a big pow-wow this Sunday. Lets ride!
a few of us are going out sat . getting on at adel .if it's a good time i will be out on sunday also ! i will keep an eye out for you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts