Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My first post here...a good friend suggested I register as you guys are great. I am hoping you can help a NOOB out. I just got my sled back from the dealer after having the "winter tune-up" done which included the shocks being rebuilt some minor clutch adjustments, clean valves etc. I keyed it for the first time yesterday in anticipation of getting some riding in over the holidays. Problem: the Check Engine light is flashing at me. Of course I called the dealer to see what they say and I get the standard "bring it in and we'll have a tech look at it". I would rather not have it stuck at the shop for the next 2 weeks, so I thought maybe you guys new of a quick fix.

Could it be bad gas from the long summer? I did put some Sta-Bil in the tank over the summer or perhaps it is just crappy gas. I really appreciate your thoughts! Good Riding!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Code? Not sure I understand. Shows you how much I know about snowmobiles. Love to ride 'em I know that much. Do you mean the sequence of the flashing light? I appreciate the reply...what should I look for?

·
Registered
86 Posts
the flash sequence tells you the code number which is in your owners manual. You know the book that we all get and loose nobody reads.lol By the way welcome aboard to the best sledding site on the net.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep...that's the problem. I am a typical guy, typical rider. What is the this book doing in the trunk....adds too much weight, gotta go. I actually can't find my owners manual anywhere...I spent most of yesterday morning looking for it.

Anyway, I will look later today and if you dont mind, can I PM you? I would really appreciate it. What should I look for? Short, short, long like morse code etc. PLease advise.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,454 Posts
How many flashes? Count the flashes and use this chart to verify.

1) throttle position sensor
2) water temp sensor
3) Intake air sensor
4)berometric air sensor
5) injectors
6) servo motor
7) constant flash hot

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
1 flash...open or short circuit in throttle position sensor 2 flashes..open or short in water temp sensor...6 flashes...failure in servo motor......hope this helps, check all your connections my just be loose wire.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I assume it didn't have the problem before you took it to be serviced. That being said, looking at what was done I would check to make sure the cables for the exhaust valves are properly installed at that they are adjusted properly. But this is just a guess without knowing how many flashes it's giving.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey i don't know if this will help but my friend and i went riding the other day and his firecat check engine light was on and all that was making it go on was that one of the plug wires was half off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by fast 600@Dec 18 2005, 11:07 AM
How many flashes? Count the flashes and use this chart to verify.

1) throttle position sensor
2) water temp sensor
3) Intake air sensor
4)berometric air sensor
5) injectors
6) servo motor
7) constant flash hot
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1120242
[/quote]

Just checked it out....it looks like 3 light flashes. Intake air sensor issues. Any suggestions would be great. You guys are great...very helpful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TTT....checked the light sequence yesterday and it is 3 lights. According to some helpful members it has something to do with air intake sensor. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there known fix or something I can take a look at myself? Or should I load it up and take it to dealer to look at? Much appreciate your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just did a search on the forum and saw dozens of threads about the Check Engine light flashing. However, I did not see any specific to the light flashing 3 times, indicating a air intake sensor problem. Anybody else have this specific problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 04 F7 carbureted and the check engine light flashes 1x then again in about 20sec but if I get on it it goes away until I let go of the throttle then it'll flash like before... would that still be a throttle position problem? Just wanna get some riding in and finally got decent amount to play in for the 1st time... please let me know!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts