Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am now going through my 163 skid that will go into my sled. I have two shock choices.. the shocks that came with the sled and I rebuilt last year, or the shocks that came with the 163 skid that I would have to send out to get rebuilt.

Shocks on the sled and rebuilt already:
Fox Zero Pro XC rear track shock w piggyback reservoir

Fox Zero Pro front track shock with external spring

Shocks that came on the 163 skid (2008 Dragon 800):
Walker Evans Air

The Fox Zero Pro has a reservoir for the rear shock, and a spring on the front shock.

These Walker Evans Air shocks doesn't have a spring on the front shock and no reservoir on the rear shock.

Thoughts / opinions?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's some pics that might help identify what I got..

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anybody want to say why they chose Fox? I am swapping the shocks out right now and going through this 163 skid. Speak now or forever hold your peace :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those air walkers are always stiff as hell

I noticed this when I was trying to get that damn front track shock out! It took everything I had in a long prybar to get it down enough to get the bolt out.. ridiculous!

I installed the fox shocks. The skid is in the tunnel now. Pretty stoked!

Got the driveshaft switched, and now just putting the motor back in and all the surrounding stuff so I can start it up and try it out.

I am going to have to figure out the snowflap though. It has sagged over time. I may try to heat it up and bend it back, or I might do the old racer trick and tie the bottom of the flap up to the rear bumper to prevent it from getting sucked under

1 - 8 of 8 Posts