Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it figures ! after getting another foot+ of fresh snow i went out with the girlfriend today and rode for a while till she was tired, then brought her home . when i got back to the riding area i finally got to do over 20 mph ! woohoo ! BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!! something was not right with my f-5 it did not pull any rpm or speed and lookee lookee at the other end of the field an 03 pro-x 800 and a rev 800 so what should i do ? i raced em anyways and did holeshot them both but it was short lived top speed for me was only 50-60 mph so to the trailer i go .
i got it home and put it in the garage and looked to what i thought was the problem and i was correct in my thinking, yup the power valve cables came off the servo motor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how did this happen and how do i stop it from happening again???????????? i have no clue ! :wacko:

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Take the pulley off and put a large washer on the motor shaft. Reinstall the pulley. The washer will keep the ends of the cable from slipping off. Had this same problem on my 2002 ZR600CC.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
while it is off, pull the cables off and give them a try by hand to make sure they are smooth. If not you may need to clean the valves, or new cables(for some reason?)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Last year on my 800ZR my dealer mechanic put dabs of silicone to prevent the cable from popping of if the cables become sticky or the valves stick open.

·
Registered
86 Posts
have had this problem with all my apv cats. Get a cable luber so cables work super slippery. I cut a hole on the top of all my servo covers and glue plexie glass in so I can make sure they are working while I'm warming up. The cable luber and the different cleaning program on the servo for 2002 helped but the f's seem to have the old flip open after start program from 2001. What happens is you get moisture in or around the cable and it freezes over night. The servo pulls it open at start when it is stiff and it never returns and is off your whole ride. The luber will cut down on this freezing.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
today everything was fine ! im still trying to figure out how the hell they came off though! lol thanks for the tips !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts