Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question.I currently use a closed face helmet damn sheild alway fogging..im thinking of going to an open face with goggles..is there a difference with vision,and how about the cold on the face..i dont want to go to a heated sheild cause they scratch up also and are more costly to replace than goggles.by the way wich goggles are really good???

just something different to babble about(other than sled problems) :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had a heated shield for four years over three thousand miles in all kinds of weather conditions. (No problems) I allways cary an old wash towel in the pocket of my coat to wipe the shield clean. NEVER NEVER use paper products to clean with as they WILL scratch :blink: ;) Just my thoughts.........

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wear open faced moto cross helmet with goggles when the weathers around 30 otherwise I wear modular with facemask no heated shield and it works good for me :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
I always use an open face with goggles. I switched last year from a full face and will never use anything else. The helmets are WAY lighter and your field of vision is better too. I've never really had too much trouble with my face getting cold. You just have to make sure that you have the right kind of mask on underneath the helmet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by new_catowner@Feb 8 2003, 11:08 AM
Just a quick question.I currently use a closed face helmet damn sheild alway fogging..im thinking of going to an open face with goggles..is there a difference with vision,and how about the cold on the face..i dont want to go to a heated sheild cause they scratch up also and are more costly to replace than goggles.by the way wich goggles are really good???

just something different to babble about(other than sled problems) :D
Get a TXI helmet and and electric shield. As far as I can tell, the outside of the shield is the same plastic as the standard shield.

I had lots of fogging trouble before the electric, now I can run with the vents closed and it never fogs. You don't even have to lift the shield when you stop. It's awesome.... :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
My electric shield got scratched up on the inside from wiping with a paper towel, it has been difficult to see through. The inside of the shield has some type of coating on it that was scratched, I used Arctic cat hood and windshield cleaner/polish to remove the coating and after about a hour of polishing the shield is scratch free. I have not used the shield yet so I am unsure how it will work without the coating, but it is worth it to save 70 dollars for a replacement shield

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by snopro1998@Feb 8 2003, 02:16 PM
My electric shield got scratched up on the inside from wiping with a paper towel, it has been difficult to see through. The inside of the shield has some type of coating on it that was scratched, I used Arctic cat hood and windshield cleaner/polish to remove the coating and after about a hour of polishing the shield is scratch free. I have not used the shield yet so I am unsure how it will work without the coating, but it is worth it to save 70 dollars for a replacement shield
never use paper towels, they scratch.

For a scratched shield, try polishing with toothpaste and a soft cotton cloth. I just did that on my wife's ele shield because the dealer was out of stock. It came great, saved some money :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
:ph34r: MX all the way

·
Registered
71 Posts
motorcross style is the way to go. you can see a whole hell of a lot better with it. i use smith turbo flow goggles. they will never fog. you also should get a GATOR mask for underneath.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Prefer my Fastrack w/ goggles/ No-Fog mask over my Txi, better vision, lighter weight, never get cold....everything is covered and sealed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by rob+Feb 8 2003, 03:57 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-snopro1998
@Feb 8 2003, 02:16 PM
My electric shield got scratched up on the inside from wiping with a paper towel, it has been difficult to see through.  The inside of the shield has some type of coating on it that was scratched, I used Arctic cat hood and windshield cleaner/polish to remove the coating and after about a hour of polishing the shield is scratch free.  I have not used the shield yet so I am unsure how it will work without the coating, but it is worth it to save 70 dollars for a replacement shield
never use paper towels, they scratch.

For a scratched shield, try polishing with toothpaste and a soft cotton cloth. I just did that on my wife's ele shield because the dealer was out of stock. It came great, saved some money :D[/b]
I will try the tooth paste method next time. The cat polish works great on scratched cd's too

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I am having the same problem as u sno pro... at the time i ride with a full face and it fogs up. the past weekedn i put on my mx helmat( it is my quad helmat) and i loved ridein with it! no foggin at all. this was all riding in powder too. My nose and some of my face did get cold though. now i am wondering if i should go ahead and buy a mx helmat. I got one picked otu at the dealer, but am tryin to figure out what to do to keep me warmer. i were glasses so this also has to be put into the equation. if u guys coudl tell em the best way to keep warm, it would really help!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by ZRman_31@Feb 8 2003, 11:43 PM
I am having the same problem as u sno pro... at the time i ride with a full face and it fogs up. the past weekedn i put on my mx helmat( it is my quad helmat) and i loved ridein with it! no foggin at all. this was all riding in powder too. My nose and some of my face did get cold though. now i am wondering if i should go ahead and buy a mx helmat. I got one picked otu at the dealer, but am tryin to figure out what to do to keep me warmer. i were glasses so this also has to be put into the equation. if u guys coudl tell em the best way to keep warm, it would really help!
Get the heated shield, I can cough on it and it will not fog. The best investment I ever made for my helmet
:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts