Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of helmet do you wear and do you have a heated shield? i am thinking about goin with a heated shield on my hjc cl-12. some people i know swear by heated sheilds some dont like them. opinions please. also, how hard is it to hook one up to my firecat? what and how.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a HJC Symax with a heated shield and I love it. No more fogging up. Now all they need to add is a little wiper to keep it clear when it's snowing. ;)

Sorry I can't help you on how to hook it up to the firecat. I think Rob has one on his though.

Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
yep, I got a new TXi with heated shield and it seems to work great (except in freezing rain). My dealer did the hookup before I picked up the sled so I can't help you there..

·
Registered
293 Posts
I remember either reading this or hearing this but there should be a spare connector by the servo motor? -- does this sound right?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I also wear a CLX4sn with the Smith warpstar regulators with the 1/4 mask,they dont fog if you breath out of your nose.I've found that no matter what type of helmet you wear,exhaling through your mouth only introduces more moisture,making them fog faster,guess that means quit talking and start riding!For days when it's below 10 f,I wear my TXI,very warm,with little fogging, if your breathing correctly. :ph34r:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I use a TXi helmet with a heated shield but so far havn't plugged it in. The helmet works great alone but all other models need a heated shield. They really do work great. Yes there is a spare plug for heated shields behind the servo motor. You need to take the servo motor screws out and move it over to get at the plug. It has a brown wire and a yellow wire. :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have a CL-12 with a heated shield. I just put the shield on last weekend, works good. Just get yourself a connector from the autoparts store and splice it onto the feed line that comes with the shield. That way you will have a weathertight connection to your acc. plug behind the servo motor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wear txi, not heated, and have never had it fog up.

Brandon

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i wear a ski doo modualar ...black with chrome checkers going back....wouldn't wear another helmet...their warm ....don't fog and i can have a smoke with my helmet still on ;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I read some where that there is 2 connectors somewhere under the hood so you can connect accessories

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have a Polaris moto cross helmet, and I wear scott, or oakley goggles. It's the only way to go. I plan on getting an HJC or arctic cat moto cross helmet next year.

·
Registered
960 Posts
i wear a z1r and it does fog up a lot. I just got a heated sheild for it today. I am going to try to hook it up either 2 day or tomorrow. Ill let you know how to hook it up once i do.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ski -Doo modular, i have had it for three years and it has not fogged not even at -36 C . The only drawback is that the breathing vents will freeze solid from condensation when it is real cold.

·
Registered
622 Posts
There are two accesory power plugs available. One is behind the speedo, right in plain view. The other is behind the servo motor. The servo motor does not have to be removed, just pull the wiring harnesses out and you should see it. Just make darn sure to get the wiring tucked back in. I wired a heated shield plug for some reason.... Ran it up the steering post, zip tied with the other wires. I put the end of the plug into the top of the steering post so you cant see it is there at all. It looks like there is a wire going into the base of my bar riser!! I ride with an Arctic Cat MX style helmet. I made a breath deflector for it using a Thor piece. Works great. I also have a Ski Doo modular helmet. Not sure how it works tho, I have had it 2 years and have never worn it!!! I wired the heated shield in case my girlfriend rides my sled.. But I don't think I'll let her!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Have 2 set-ups, Cat Txi which I've owned for a few years, never had a fogging problem, no heated shield. More recent is Cats Fastrack Helmet, No-Fog MX mask, and Scott goggles. I've been wearing this setup more this year than the Txi, prefer it now. Haven't fogged with that set up either.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts