Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
No experience with any helmet cams, but I've been thinking about checking these out:

http://www.helmetcamera.com[/b]
Had one from this company for about 3 years now. Good service. Had a problem shortly after I bought it. Was supposed to send it back for repairs. Explained I needed it right away. He sent me a new one instead, no questions asked. :div20: :div20:

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had one from this company for about 3 years now. Good service. Had a problem shortly after I bought it. Was supposed to send it back for repairs. Explained I needed it right away. He sent me a new one instead, no questions asked. :div20: :div20:[/b]
Does this cam need a recording device? camcorder etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yes you need a recording device with that unit, I use a sony mini-cam with mine, works awesome, and with the shatter proof case you dont have to worry about the camera so you can have as much fun as you want and not have to worry if the camera will be damaged, tuck the camcorder in a backpack of inside pocket if you want

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just ordered that exact one off of ebay too, didnt get it in time to bring snowmobiling but recorded a bit around the house. So far i'm impressed with it, even though I haven't tried it while snowmobiling.[/b]
How does the image look at a distance (50 - 75 yards or so)? I like the idea of this unit not needing an additional recording device as my cam corder is a little large to carry.

Does it look like it will mount to your helmet okay?

Thanks

·
Registered
976 Posts
I purchased one of those Oregon Scientific cameras. The quality is good (in the limited usage), it's slow to adjust to lighting conditions, but is cheap and convenient (no external cam). No snow in my area yet to try it outdoors to check the battery life and such, but I think it will be plenty good enough for what I wanted it for. I got mine with a 2 GB SD card good for 1 hour at high quality, I will be trying a 4 GB and 8 GB as well.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just ordered that exact one off of ebay too, didnt get it in time to bring snowmobiling but recorded a bit around the house. So far i'm impressed with it, even though I haven't tried it while snowmobiling.[/b]
Have you had a chance to try this camera out some more?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.