Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My accessory cord appears to be one that is behind the speedo/Tach. Will this be the only one or is there an additional one in the servo area? If this is the only hook-up, how are you guys running your cord. Am I totally missing something, or do you have to deal with the cord every time you open the cover?

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
use the one behind the servo motor. Some are easy to access from the clutch side, mine was stuck behind the oil tank. run it up with the brake line. I used my bar pad to hold it. I'll take a pic for you, later on

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nice pictures. Mine was very hidden, It's worth the time to remove the servo motor and cut all the wire ties to move it up to where you can get to it. There's plenty of slack in the wire. After you have it where you want it re-wire tie everything.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks much for the help.......That was what I was wondering, if there is an additional place to plug into besides the outlet behind the speedo/tach....it sounded at first like the plug-in was either one place or the other, but not both......Thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
290 Posts
where did you get the shield power lead that fits in the acc. plug like in the picture. My shield power lead came with 2 eyes, no fancy plug like yours

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
what kind of shield is it? The ac ones come that way but you can get a jumper from your dealer and splice into that

·
Registered
290 Posts
..thanks gf7pe

shield is a HJC CL-12 ....the cord has a RCA jack the splits at the end into 2 eyes + & -. They would bolt on to bat. post.
Any AC part #? If not I'll spin by the dealer tomorrow and ask them. A # would make life alot easier though

·
Registered
606 Posts
NAPA or any auto parts store has the connector or opposite end that plugs into your connector on the sled. Take the cord/connector that comes with the helmut shield and splice into connector that you buy at auto parts store. Preferrably solder them together and wrap with elec tape.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
4202-923 this is the whole cord part number about $19

dont have the # for the jumper basically its the end that you want wath a loop on the other end

·
Registered
290 Posts
I see the 4202-923 in the catalog and that looks like it will do the trick. Thanks

What about the 4962-713 PFP Dash Mount? Anybody try mounting one these? It would be pretty slick to have a dash mount

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I have the dash mount. Don't know if it's the same part number. I mounted it where the ethanol switch was.

·
Registered
290 Posts
yeah that look something like it.
the one I'm looking at has red and yellow wire though....I will check it out Tuesday and see what they got...should work from what I can tell

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I think mine was a Kimpex one. It had a flap the covered the two screws but I lost it years ago. I like it. Only takes one hand to connect the cord. Only problem is that it's not an RCA type connector so if I swap sleds with someone else we can't plug in the shields.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts