Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 ZL 600 carb and I have installed a BM heart throb kit. Does anyone know what the helix is rated at? This is a good forum for zl's let's keep it going.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
is there any number on the helix or the paperwork that came with it? mine was punched right on the helix and it is the same as the part number (BM-5550 for 55/50).
BTW yours is likely different cause mine's a zr 600 efi

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The paperwork says 75BM19 and the helix says BM19. I looked in the catelog and there are no numbers that make any sense. Maybe they changed the numbering system? I'll have to TRY and get through to them.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I installed a HT kit from Black Tragic racing on my 99 ZR600. I had the same helix and was have a hard time getting the shift points right. I called and e-mailed them and they would not release that info. Said that they had to much development time to give the numbers out and just told me that it was my sled, not there kit. I have since parted with the 600 and now have the 900, I purchased a super single and related clutch kit from them and I am having problems with it also, this time they won't even return calls or e-mails. It's so bad that my brother on his 02 ZLSS 600 beat me. Yes, I am still hearing about it. I think that I learned my lesson, nothing like keeping it stock!!!

Dan

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Have riders had the same problems with D&D clutch kits?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Originally posted by yo momma@Dec 13 2002, 08:08 AM
Have riders had the same problems with D&D clutch kits?
We've used D&D's clutch kit with our zr800 and it works well. The guys at D&D are great to work with also.
Good luck, and happy sleddin

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I've had good luck w/ black magic products especially clutch kits on 600's and 700's Some thing to check: make sure your weight pins(bolts) are loose, so your weights can move freely.. On one of my kits from b/m , they acually printed the helix angles on it. It was for my twin piped 700. the others are coded

·
Registered
622 Posts
I had a D&D clutch kit in my 2000 ZR500 efi. It worked very well. My buddy on a 2000 xc500 sp would pull my sled bad, but after it was not the same story. pulled a length or 2 on him. Sold the kit to a different buddy who also has a 2000 ZR5 efi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts