Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My zr 600 has the stock clutching in it. straight 48 helix, its fine maybe overshifts a bit but I found a 55/53 helix and was wondering if anyone has tried this. Ill probly throw it in anyway, but cant ride so I thought id ask anyway. thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
55/53 is a good all around helix. do yourself a favor and put in a cat red/white spring when you change the helix. a little stiffer spring for better backshift, sled will seem snappier in the trails. it will also help belt pinch with the steeper helix angles.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, Thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, and if you are changing the helix and secondary spring you might as well throw in the Cat orange-white primary and some Poo 10-52 weights! Run it at 8400 rpm.[/b]
heavier weights do make the sled pull harder, but i don't know if you'll pull 8400rpm with 52g and 55-53 helix. most kits that use weights this heavy either have helix with much shallower finish angle (d&d) or a primary spring with finish force higher than that of cats orange/white (goodwin) to keep the rpms up.
if you're going to tinker with the primary go with the o/w spring but you may need weights slightly lighter than 52g to get peak rpms right.

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
If your really feeling like putting some time into your set up try getting maybe a set of 52 or 53g weights and custom grind and weigh them until you get the sled running tip top perfect![/b]

:div20: was going to say the same thing,, bit more playing around but worth it,,,R2R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts