Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all..... How does it engage? Pull? Top end? Compare to stock?

TIA

Chris

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I heard you should not put them in on a firecat since you need to machine the cluthc to make the weights fit in properly, which is not sugested!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have used Heelclickers in every type of clutch, from a TRA to a P85 and have made them work. In almost all installations some minor clearancing is required. To make them work properly you need to make sure that they clear in all areas, at the shoulder, up in the spider and down by the heel.

I just put a set in my ZR900 which has a 6 tower clutch similar to the one on the Firecat. I use the 65-11's fully loaded with weight in the tip and middle hole. To install in the six tower you have to relieve the clutch for the shoulder weight and clearance the heel resting area for the clutch also. This is the area of the clutch that the weight sits on at disengagement. Due to the shape difference of the stock Cat weight and the Heelclicker weight in this area, a little clearancing was required at the very outside edge of the heel rest area.

I have been using Heelclickers since 99-00 in P85's, tried them in TRA's, had special drag racing version in a MicroBelmont Reactor on a ProStock 1000 sled and now use them in my six tower on my ZR. I think they have real advantages if properly set up with the right secondary set-up and the proper balance of clutching and traction to manage the power on the bottom end and mid range. I am thinking about putting a set in my wifes F7 but have some concerns about the spider shimming and the amount of tucking required to make them work with the lower torque F7???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts