Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Got the heel clicker seams like a bit of work to install tho. I really dont feel safe modifing anything permanently, you know drilling the driven clutch out. I'm sure its no big deal but , we'll find out.

Dave

·
Registered
23 Posts
i'm from QUEBEC,
i have put 1 set last week,dont worry about your clutch,the system
run very nice,with their set-up.4-5 lenght better than stock and the
top speed is the same 116.When i hit the trottle,he spin 7840,but
WOT full, he spin to much 8240 .I need 1 gram heavier in tip.
Very good stuff.
EXCUSE my english.

·
Registered
23 Posts
my brother had them installed in a 2002 ac 600 efi cc and i have a 440 2000 pol xc edge and i got him out of the hole and pulled him for a while and then he said good buy. The yr before he just kick my cheks and crack all year long

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you buy a softer drive spring and a heavier weight you will be putting more of the f-7s low end power to the ground. My 7 engages @3100 to 3300 and carry the skis 6600 feet. Also if you tighten up the driven pulley spring one hole it will raise top rpm another 250.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I like the stock low rpm engagement , cuz it seems to be powerful enuff. however if it still runs good or is trail friendly I'll be boltin mine on.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sabercat, you are way over reving!! You need to be :p down to about 7700-7750 top!! It makes all its power at about 7,700. Add about 3 grams to the tip of the Heel clicker!
Skydog

·
Registered
587 Posts
ZR900SNOPRO, do you mean the construction of the heel-x is poor or the preformance is poor? I have seen for myself a zr800 pickup 3 sled lenths on my f7 in 600ft with just the heel-x instalation. My complete kit is installed and I will be trail riding it on sat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I installed the kit, spinning about 7840. I didn't see noticable gain, but the zl800 or Rev I run with doesn't run close enough with me to tell and I don't have timing lights. I kept the stock shims behind the spider rather than using the Heel Clicker shim.

I'm comparing it to the improvement it made in my ZRT 600 which was night and day, so maybe I was expecting too much.

Real happy with stock performance, running away from everything as it is.

·
Registered
956 Posts
the heel x is poor try this and you well see that not all three wheels make contact on the helix at the same time! you will find that only 1 or 2 of the wheels are carrying the load.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have to leave the bolts lose that hold the(helix) H.C.-X on. And tighten them last.
Skydog

1 - 16 of 16 Posts