Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set up my f7 standard with heel clicker weights and a heel-x last fri. and went out for a trail ride on sat. The engine was spining at 7800-7900 at full shift out. Excellent throttle response through out the whole RPM range. This kit really helped the bottom end. I felt that before the bottom end was, I hesitate to call any part of the f7 power band soft, weaker compared to the awsome mid-range and top end. This thing just jumps now. It also seems to take less throttle to keep it rolling. Now for the strait line preformance. I again raced the same zr 800 as before. Instead of him jumping me out of the hole and leaving me, He still would jump me by about 1-2 sled lenths and then we would stay even up to about 90, we then ran out of room. This could also be traction issue as he has 192 quills and I only have 153. When I spoke to super torquer they said that the firecats were pretty well set up from the factory , that Cat had done there homework on this sled. I will say that the zr800 gained more from this kit than I did but I still made significant gains in low end and throttle response. This is forth kit I have put in a sled And belive the gains are worth it. When cutting your clutch just take your time and do a good job. You will need a clutch puller and a dremel tool and about 2 hours time. I have never had balance problem and yes all my roll :D ers touch on the heel-x

·
Registered
720 Posts
RJA- Just to clarify, the ZR800 you were racing had the Heel Clickers also, or was he stock? Can't remember from your last post.

Because the stock ZR800's I ran against with my stock F7, I took them out of the hole and was a sled length ahead the whole time. Once I added my clutch kit, I added about 5-7+ sled lengths on a stock ZR800.

But if the ZR800 had the Heel Clickers, I guess that makes sense.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He had v force reeds, taller gears, d&d single pipe. My stock f7 would come out even then go by in the mid-range. He then added heel-x. Still came out even but then he would go by me in the mid-range. Then installed heel-clicker weights and would beat me out of the hole and drive away. I then installed same set up and gained all but my hole shot back. He's not getting me by much though, it could be traction.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I bought the #2 Clutch Kit from Dan at the Outdoor Shop.

When my sled was stock, I raced my Uncle's '02 ZR800 Cross Country. I beat him 9 times out of 10, by about a sled length, in about 600-700 feet. The one time he beat me, he got better traction on the hole shot and I couldn't run him down.

I then installed the clutch kit under Dan's directions. That weekend I raced another '02 ZR800, and an MXZ800. I swear, it wasn't even close. I got them out of the hole and the sled just kept pulling away. That race was about 600-700 ft+ and I got the sled up to about 90-95 mph before you would run out of room.

But I knew I was far ahead, because I would back off the throttle and it would still take a couple of seconds for everyone else to go by me still wide open.

We are going away tomorrow, and two of my friends just bought F7's last week. They are both still stock and want to race. Since my last races, I have also added the Speedwerx Air Intake. So, now racing my sled vs. two stockers, should be a really good test of the increase in performance. I will post what happens when I come home. This time we are racing on a lake, so I should also be able to see what my top end is.

I think Dan still has three of his clutch kits left.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Mike C, please keep us posted as to how you run against your (bone?) stock buddies... regardless of the outcome, OK?! Thanks! -- Roy

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Did your kit have a huge amount of parts that were difficult to identify without a scale.n Mine did and not one item was correctly in my kit . Either too many ,too little , wrong metal,or wrong size . therefore in the middle of gettin all excited about puttin it in it sits there , and no answer at the phone?

Hope this gets resolved soon.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I will let you know either on Thusday night or on Friday. My buddies are bone stock. They both have kids and since the sleds are so new, have not had a chance to do anything.

After this week, I am going to finish my modifications by dropping in some V-force reeds, maybe next week or next weekend.

I will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
heel clickers are tough to get tuned as well as thundershifts..they both work well...but in reality not much more (if any) gain for a ton of time spent..just my opinion..and a bit more$$

·
Registered
986 Posts
Dan I agree with u on heel clicker kit. your kit or others like it are as fast or faster And not all the fuss

1 - 13 of 13 Posts