Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 01 800 Polaris and Im having a hard time understanding how this 2 speed weight works.When I wooodit off the line my RPMs go to about 7700 and then it slowley goes to about 8100.I would like it to work like they say it should,start about 8100 and then settle down to about 7900.Right now I have the gold spring in and 3gr. in the center,my engagement is good ,about 4000 RPM.If I move the 3 gr to the shouder what would happen?

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
why would you want the rpm's to drop.. you should wana launch a few 100 below peak and run out the big end where the power is..

it sounds like you are close..

these weights take some getting use to and tuning to find the right combination..

I would leave the 3 gr in the ctr and add 1 tuning wt to th ehammer and see what that buys you it shold decrease engagemnt a bit as
well as pull down peak rpm 100 or 200 rpm..

I think th e80 twins like the sweet spot around 7900 right.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess my question would be how do the weights really work? does the arm weight engage the spring and when does the pivot weight start to work,if I could understand how it works I could dial it in like I like them.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
the short of it is.. the hammer controls engagemt rpm "lower with added weights" it also makes the clutch produce more belt squeeze in holeshot til the clutches shift out approx.. 50% then the hammer swings and then acts as additional weight in the topend.. Lots of people don't like them I have been using them in my XCR for a
few years and really like the newer 2 speeds much better in design..

if you are new to these wts there is some things to make sure are correct..

ctr - ctr is exact.. offset is corect. the belt to sheave .015 - .020 MAX make sure you add torq stop of the motor reducing/preventing movement,
and I wouldn't keep a belt more than 1000 miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts