Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put my kit on the sled once the shock was revalved by my dealer. One problems is with the two back springs; the inner coil rubs hard on the idler wheels on both sides. Also, I had to remove the two lock-type washers that keep the triangle spring adjusters so the spring bar could sit correctly on it, although, I think it is still not correct. The triangle adjusters are flush with the end of the bar they mount on and the idler wheels still rub. Maybe this is where my top speed is suffering. I will need to shave some of the wheel hub off to eliminate the spring rubbing. I love what the kit does for riding; but, I think more time should have been put in on the fitment of the springs and why was this kit soooooooo late in coming.

·
Registered
909 Posts
This might work. If you took the spring adjusters off and turned them around so the nut to adjust them was on the inside you could put the lock washers back on the shaft and it would move the spring out about a 1/2". The draw backs to doing this would be you would have to use a open end wrench to adjust the spring blocks and the long arm of the spring would be at a slight angle as uit passes through the slider at the rail. I was thinking of buying the kit and this made me change my mind and call Carver for some heavier valving instead. If you try this let us all know if it works.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That may or may not work due to the fact that the long bar part of the spring bowes slightly inward already the way I have it now; it seems the way the spring bar guide is stuctured, the spring tends to want to push inward where it coils. I'm not worried about the cam coming off because there is so much spring preload from that massive mutha'. I've got the Grip-n-Rip 10% overload cams on it; and the new spring can hardly be put to the medium setting and I think there's no way to go to the highest setting the way the spring is. I'm happy with the lowest setting. I don't think I'll have to go higher. I think I will shave the wheel hubs when I get a chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts