Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
D & D helix (48-44-40) Tri Angle.....87g Daltons.....purple spring (primary) Tan spring in Secondary.....Y pipe....reeds...stock pipe.....works nails....I have the sno pro zr...with inch and three eights paddle and still went threw the gun on weekend 118.9mph. Out of gear running on revs.....But on trail will pull like a mad dog.7200-7300 rpm is were you want to be....Helix # is CDD75 (Gold) in colour....a must! Don't be cheap and go with a lighter spring in the primary.....get Big Weights! Pull that bitch down! Good luck and cheers!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow,so much for the d- drive being slow!!That's an impressive high speed run .....with that track!I see many are using the daltons,...they must have the weight in the right place.I tryed a set of cat weights 85.3g ,and they used the extra weight right on the tips which brought my rpms down to 7200 on the lake .No good.Are you saying pull the r's down low for trail and drag and backup to 7500-7600 for topend???????Mine seems to want to pull hard at 7600,at least on top.My 03 ,I kept it no higher than 72-7300rpms,except it would creep to 7500 on a mile pull. Is the tan spring stiffer than stock and who offers it...also reeds not scared your running lean....?Good info.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
D & D helix (48-44-40) Tri Angle.....87g Daltons.....purple spring (primary) Tan spring in Secondary.....Y pipe....reeds...stock pipe.....works nails....I have the sno pro zr...with inch and three eights paddle and still went threw the gun on weekend 118.9mph. Out of gear running on revs.....But on trail will pull like a mad dog.7200-7300 rpm is were you want to be....Helix # is CDD75 (Gold) in colour....a must! Don't be cheap and go with a lighter spring in the primary.....get Big Weights! Pull that bitch down! Good luck and cheers![/b]

How many miles on so far?..

I have 85gr Dal w/ the 07 F1000 purple spring, D and D Shift assist.(No helix yet).. Mod one at a time.
Bikeman pipe mod (will add 1-200 rpm).Snotek arm.TPIs in the Airbox. 196 Studboys.
Stock setup it Dynoed @ 161 hp @ 7500rpm and 111 lbs Torq. @ 2 miles.

Have only 55 miles on this combo. Last time out 12-8-06,seems to really twist and shout at 7400 rpm ,ran out of (public) road @ 105 mph..felt like it would pull for eternity.

What was the helix and primary addition worth? Trail manners?

The shift assist bearing really seems to make a diff. And every mile it seemed to wake up a bit more.Just ran out the premix first tank.,will see 93 octane and more miles this weekend in Old Forge No lakes yet..but .
(..,keep snowing Mr. Lake effect!).

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
will the shift assist and this set-up work on the 04 900's with diamond drive, or are they different?[/b]

The shifft assist,Yes.

CALL FOR DD PARTS;
http://www.theoutdoorshopinc.com/v3/index....c7b8396166b1ee1

.... the d and d " shift assist' on the in the sec . spring. This works as claimed.......HELP MAKE A SMOOTHER UP SHIFT AND WILL ALSO HELP BACK SHIFT BY ELIMINATING SPRING BINDING.

http://www.ddracing.com/03-cat_search_show...7&Cat_ID=10

This helps the clutching accurate ..a 900 must have.
Engine Torque Link
For Arctic Cat 800/900 Twins IMO.. .

http://www.sno-tek.com/whats_new.htm

helix..? I know 06 Sec 10.4 had a one year only setup.

Call them,

D&D Racing .................\.

http://www.ddracing.com/03-cat_search_show...2&Cat_ID=80
.. they will know 4 sure.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snonut,bummer about not being able to ride or TUNE!!!We have been riding in Northern Manitoba for a month.Ive got 500miles on this new sled.Stock it actually impresses me,ran with a stock f-1000 all last weekend(buddy) and down the lake we were glued,0-1000 ft almost identical.He was pissed ,as I would be,his 1000 didn't seem all that impressive YET!It also had 500miles on it.It is all stock never touched as was mine.Now that my 900 is loosened up I'm ready to dial it in!!!!!!!Rpm's are brutal.......7600-7700.....but still seems to pull hard.Got the shift assist yesterday and HHitters in the mail.It's too bad thr three of us (Walker) couldn't take a weekend to tweak together.........that would be a blast!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Snonut,bummer about not being able to ride or TUNE!!!We have been riding in Northern Manitoba for a month.Ive got 500miles on this new sled.Stock it actually impresses me,ran with a stock f-1000 all last weekend(buddy) and down the lake we were glued,0-1000 ft almost identical.He was pissed ,as I would be,his 1000 didn't seem all that impressive YET!It also had 500miles on it.It is all stock never touched as was mine.Now that my 900 is loosened up I'm ready to dial it in!!!!!!!Rpm's are brutal.......7600-7700.....but still seems to pull hard.Got the shift assist yesterday and HHitters in the mail.It's too bad thr three of us (Walker) couldn't take a weekend to tweak together.........that would be a blast![/b]
Well, if your every coming to Ontario to ride let us know. NJ.....the helix was $125.00 new (Canadian) I just put it in the sled. Stock was 50-38.....Ive just order some bigger weights (87.5g Daltons) and I'm taking back the 83g Big Dogs. Not that they don't work....just not heavy enough. Ill let ya know how this new set up works...

·
Registered
306 Posts
How many miles on so far?..

I have 85gr Dal w/ the 07 F1000 purple spring, D and D Shift assist.(No helix yet).. Mod one at a time.
Bikeman pipe mod (will add 1-200 rpm).Snotek arm.TPIs in the Airbox. 196 Studboys.
Stock setup it Dynoed @ 161 hp @ 7500rpm and 111 lbs Torq. @ 2 miles.

Have only 55 miles on this combo. Last time out 12-8-06,seems to really twist and shout at 7400 rpm ,ran out of (public) road @ 105 mph..felt like it would pull for eternity.

What was the helix and primary addition worth? Trail manners?

The shift assist bearing really seems to make a diff. And every mile it seemed to wake up a bit more.Just ran out the premix first tank.,will see 93 octane and more miles this weekend in Old Forge No lakes yet..but .
(..,keep snowing Mr. Lake effect!).[/b]
AT WHAT RPM DID IT MAKE 161 HP AND IS YOUR TACK CALIBRATED

1 - 16 of 16 Posts