Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people ride with a heated shield. Thinking about getting one just want to know if they are the answer. Let me know what you think. My dual pane shield fogs up all the time.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
How many people ride with a heated shield. Thinking about getting one just want to know if they are the answer. Let me know what you think. My dual pane shield fogs up all the time.[/b]
I don't like open face helmet's and had the same problem. I went to a heat shield and will never look back. :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I started using a heated shield in 2000, haven't been out much the last few years, but I will never ride without one again.

·
Registered
240 Posts
How many people ride with a heated shield. Thinking about getting one just want to know if they are the answer. Let me know what you think. My dual pane shield fogs up all the time.[/b]
I HAVE A BV2 AND STILL HAVE A HEATED SHIELD ON IT.
ONLY USED THE SHIELD ONE OR TWO TIMES BUT ITS GOOD BACKUP.
HAD HEATED SHIELDS FOR YEARS.

·
Registered
77 Posts
heated shields work great when they work but break one costs more than half as the skid lid in some cases.what a rip off

·
Registered
6 Posts
heated shields work great when they work but break one costs more than half as the skid lid in some cases.what a rip off[/b]
Heated sheild makes a difference for sure. It's worth the money.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Heated sheild makes a difference for sure. It's worth the money.[/b]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm with him. I had a BV2s for three rides. Sold that POS on ebay went back to old reliable w/ heated shield,never looked back.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Heated shield is the only way to in my book!! Rode in -5 degree weather this weekend and it never iced up like the others in the group!!

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I wear a Polaris modular helmet with a heated shield. I love it. It never fogs and never ices up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
-20 this weekend on the northshore in MN (not including wind chill) and it was mt first time with a heated shield. Well worth the investment. I felt bad for the others pulled over on the side of the trail scraping their lenses. I won't be without it again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
-20 this weekend on the northshore in MN (not including wind chill) and it was mt first time with a heated shield. Well worth the investment. I felt bad for the others pulled over on the side of the trail scraping their lenses. I won't be without it again!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a Polaris modular helmet. Is a heat shield something I can add to this helmet or do I have to buy a new helmet?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have a Polaris modular helmet. Is a heat shield something I can add to this helmet or do I have to buy a new helmet?[/b]
Heated shields are add ons and I'm sure you can get one for your Polaris Mod. I have one for my Cat helmet and my wife has one on her HJC. Contact your dealer. Should be $60-80. Check eBay too. There are a bunch on there.

As for me, I was the first in my group to try one in 99. Everyone else had them the NEXT ride. Won't ride without one again.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Heated shield is the only way to in my book!! Rode in -5 degree weather this weekend and it never iced up like the others in the group!![/b]
They are even pretty nice for warmer/marginal temps with guys that sweat a lot. One of our gang finally switched after fogging for years. He would constantly be opening and closing the shield before the switch. I like the heated shield much more with glasses. I looked at all kinds of helmet and goggle combos and the heated shield is less work to prevent the fogging on glasses.

·
Registered
615 Posts
They come with the wiring. You just have to tap 12v somewhere. Some sleds have a plug ready for them. Not much in the way of modification. As far as how they connect, they have a springy cord that connects the shield to the plug that you wire to your sled.

·
Registered
'20 Renegade XRS 900T
2,566 Posts
I use mine when the temperature is about 15 degrees or lower. Always keeps my shield from icing up, it doesn't keep it from fogging up 100% of the time, but close to it. It's still definetly well worth the money.

·
Registered
415 Posts
How are the heated shields powered? Are there any modifications I would have to make to my 2006 Switchback 600?[/b]
It's very easy on the '06 Switchback 600...there is an unused wire under your handlebar cover that you can tap into for power.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts