Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe somebody can help me out . i hooked up my shield into the plug behind the tach the other day and ran into a problem. although the shield seems to work a little it still seems to fog up on me. i never had this problem when hooked to my other sled. does any body know how much current this plug should have. my shield wire did fall and hit the running board and sparked and then the lights flickered. i hope this didnt hurt anything. everything else seems to be ok. please somebody help me out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Theres a good plug behind the Power valve servo motor...

Its hidden so you have to pull off the servo possibly to get at it...A Good source there...

Captainkirk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm having the same problem on my 03 F5 where the shield doesn't get too warm. I'm plugged in behind the servo motor. Any advice anyone? Is there a better place to plug in? :banghead:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hooked my cord too accessory plug behind servo motor. I drilled a hole
through the dash next to the key. I pushed the plug through the hole. It
works great. 20 inches yesterday in se new york. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I tried mine in both the servo and the underhood spot and neither works worth a :frech32: :censored: damn- also my throttle handwarmer dont work all of a sudden

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Guys, low rpms equal low voltage. Check the voltage at 4000rpm. My F5 goes from almost 2 volts at idle to 11.56 volts at 4000

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did check the power output on my F5 and found 9 VAC at idle and up to approximately 12 VAC at higher than idle. When I connect a 12 VDC car battery to the shield it gets nice and hot.

Does your shield warm up to touch when sled power is applied? Mine warms just a little.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts