Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to keep my hands warm, thinking about a set of heated gloves. Lots of brands now carry a version (FXR, Klim, Fly, 509, Milwaukee, and probably more).

Anyone try some yet? Advice or input? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Try gauntlets or thin glove liners they are a cheaper option, sure your heated grips work
properly.....

·
Registered
Ski-Doo 1200 MXZ
358 Posts
Third recommendation for gauntlets. Always carry a set in the bag on the back. If it gets down below -20C, then I just put on the gauntlets and never have cold hands. Reliable and easy.

·
Registered
16,905 Posts
was plagued with cold hands on longer trips, even with bulky mitts + liners. Got myself a par of gauntlets last season - wish I didn't wait that long

·
Registered
16,905 Posts
Found some discounted logo-less BRP muffs. They look identical to the ones sold by Klim.

·
Registered
978 Posts
FWIW, I have the FXR heated gloves and I like them A LOT. I used them in Maine this past year and was really impressed. My prev sled had a low windshield and my hands would get cold pretty easy even with warmers on high. My only complaint is that while you are riding it is nearly impossible to toggle the glove from low,med,high. Either way, highly recommend

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
53 Posts
I used to be able to deal with the cold without issue but I've found over the last couple years the digits can get frosty at times. Especially on those short trail side stops where the gloves might be on and off.

I bought the heated FXR Recons last season. They are pricey but for me well worth it (I passed my old gloves on to my son so saved there). Without turning the heat on they are very warm. Likely the warmest of the FXR lineup. They have a HI/Med/Low setting and I found myself on Low most of the time a) because it was perfect for taking the edge off the cold and b) to extend battery life. 5-6 hours on low is about the max. I really only turned them on when needed. I also bought a extra set of higher capacity batteries on Amazon so I'm thinking this will get me through any length of day. The button is a bit awkward at first but you get used to it quickly. A couple of taps and your set.

Gauntlets are fairly inexpensive though and I think are a great addition to the tunnel bag for the few times I might need but otherwise I'm more comfortable riding with just gloves.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
heated gloves are amazing! I have some choko's which I only got because fxr ones were out of stock. The part thats heated is the outside of the glove not the palm part which would be a waste with bar heaters. I will never not use heated gloves and picked up a second set of batteries to take with. Dont get me wrong, the batteries last a while but the ride home is usually the coldest part.

Reactions: bronks

·
Registered
2019 Polaris XC 850
1,087 Posts
FXR Recons are money well spent. As a couple people said earlier, they work.
I have a set of gauntlets also but its like riding with garbage bags on your hands. Go with the FXR & get an extra set of batteries, you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FXR Recons are money well spent. As a couple people said earlier, they work.
I have a set of gauntlets also but its like riding with garbage bags on your hands. Go with the FXR & get an extra set of batteries, you'll be glad you did.
So I bought the Recon gloves on Black Friday. Are the extra batteries really needed? I think they say 7 hours on low.

·
Registered
21,385 Posts
I stumbled on this topic, and the irony of seeing this makes me chuckle as FedEx just delivered two sets of the Klim Resistor HTD gloves that my buddy ordered as Christmas presents for his himself and his daughter (shipped to me so she wouldn't know about it). Thankfully he was able to get them at a substantial discount, because I think the gloves are close to $250 retail. Gonna be interesting to see what he thinks.

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
53 Posts
So I bought the Recon gloves on Black Friday. Are the extra batteries really needed? I think they say 7 hours on low.
I don't believe you'll get 7 hours, even on low. 4-5 is more likely. If you just need a shot of heat every now and again you might be fine.

I got some extra batteries on Amazon this fall. They are the brand Sun Will -- 7.4V 3000MAH Li-ion Batteries. The FXR ones are 2200MAH I believe so I'm hoping that these will put me in that 7 hour area based on the additional capacity. Always nice to have one set on the charger and one set in the gloves or have the second set on you for the end of a longgg day.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I bought the FXR Recon's last Oct. at the Snow Show, I had been running the Igniter heated gloves for years but didn't like how they fit around the wrists and had a huge battery on top of the wrist which was uncomfortable. But I liked them as they were my first try at a heated glove. FXR Recon gloves are awesome, very happy with them and they are by far the warmest glove I have snowmobiled with in 32 years! With my old heated gloves I rode with them on high until they were dead, with the FXR I found myself riding with them off more than on, and I did buy mine with a second set of batteries when I purchased them so I wasn't just trying to save battery! Highly recommend them, they are worth the money. I do also have the Ski-doo muffs that I bought about 4 years ago, they work great, but I think I like to move around to much as a rider and I don't like them in my way of the controls, years ago I had an incident with gauntlets on a sharpe right handed turn where the gauntlet got tight on the throttle flipper and things could've been bad! FXR Recon gloves are worth the money!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts