Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:luxhello: dealer told me he's heard of a 200hp in a 1000 or 1050 due midseason will probably be in a crossfire chassis, anyone else hear this?

·
Registered
588 Posts
That was the sled that was supposed to be released last january but they held back on it why????? . :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
What will someone be willing to pay for something like that. $12000, $14000, $16000????? If a 660 turbo st is close to $10000 a sled with a GSX motor would be out of range if you ask me.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
This is a bunch of bullshit hype.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
:worthless_without_pics: :BSmeter: :moose_nuggets: :bunny-pancake: :halloween1: :halloween1: :bat: :bat: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Say what you want but I talked to a dealer last weekend who rode the prtotype sled last spring and its a four stroke in a whole new chassis.
The dealer runs a cat race program and had acess to the sled.
He also said the new chassis will turn the snowmobiling industry on its ear.
so if you dout mark this thread so you can tell me I told you so when it dosent happen.
What do you think cat has been doing siting quiet this long?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
It's good to dream. The one thing that is always over looked is...what company is going to insure that??? It's already very difficult to find a decent premium for 1000cc 4 strokes and the Mach Z. As soon as you go over the 1000cc mark...the Ins. companies just laugh. If you can't get insurance...then there is no financing and how many people can pay 10K+ cash for a snowmobile??? Now your looking at a very small market, which won't justify the R&D/marketing needed to produce such a snowmobile. This isn't my opinion...it's been explained to me many times by many insurance companies. If you are able to find the insurance...it'll be hard to ride with only one arm and one leg...

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by AllVipedUp@Sep 30 2005, 04:18 PM
It's good to dream.  The one thing that is always over looked is...what company is going to insure that???  It's already very difficult to find a decent premium for 1000cc 4 strokes and the Mach Z.  As soon as you go over the 1000cc mark...the Ins. companies just laugh.  If you can't get insurance...then there is no financing and how many people can pay 10K+ cash for a snowmobile???  Now your looking at a very small market, which won't justify the R&D/marketing needed to produce such a snowmobile.  This isn't my opinion...it's been explained to me many times by many insurance companies.  If you are able to find the insurance...it'll be hard to ride with only one arm and one leg...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=901462
[/quote]
who said 1000cc's? cat doesn't need 1 litre to ,,,,,,ah just nevermind :smilielol: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
May I add to this dream?

How about a direct injected 1000cc turbo charged Sno-pro M sled? Why is the ZR900 and the 1M sleds so cheep?

THis is the NO BS real story.....Sorry AC had to....

It’s no secret Arctic Cat is expected to move back to a 15 inch track in 2006 Firecats. The current M-Series mountain roosters have a new wider, bulkhead to accept 15-inch wide tracks. This tooling could be immediately transplanted into a 121-inch version.

There’s more reason for AC to move in this direction than just track width: engine width. The current F-Series bulkhead with the current 700 is way-tight due to the tunnel dictating actual engine bay width.

We believe the much loved ZR 900 will morph into a Firecat/M-Series chassis with a new laydown, 900 to 1000cc mill in ‘06. To get the width required for a big block mill, we think a 15 inch wide track will be mandatory.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Originally posted by black1010@Sep 30 2005, 03:09 PM
Say what you want but I talked to a dealer last weekend who rode the prtotype sled last spring and its a four stroke in a whole new chassis.
The dealer runs a cat race program and had acess to the sled.
He also said the new chassis will turn the snowmobiling industry on its ear.
so if you dout mark this thread so you can tell me I told you so when it dosent happen.
What do you think cat has been doing siting quiet this long?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=901438
[/quote]
About 1 1/2 year ago my dealer (personal friend) said that when he was up at TRF with some of his friends who work at the factory, he saw them testing a new twin cylinder turbo 4-stroke in a f-cat chasis. Im pretty sure this would come out for the 07 season, but probably with an updated f-cat chasis. Hopefully a big bore 2-stroke in the same chasis also.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts