Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why my wife's sled keeps blowing headlights? I'll change it and it will last maybe a couple of hours then it's dead again. It's done this three times now. I was thinking regulator, but if that was the case wouldn't I be blowing more lights than just the headlight? It's only the headlight, every other one works fine. :frantics:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Anyone know why my wife's sled keeps blowing headlights? I'll change it and it will last maybe a couple of hours then it's dead again. It's done this three times now. I was thinking regulator, but if that was the case wouldn't I be blowing more lights than just the headlight? It's only the headlight, every other one works fine. :frantics:[/b]

You may consider the wires between the hood and pan area could be frayed, burnt, or voltage regular which is most likely.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Anyone know why my wife's sled keeps blowing headlights? I'll change it and it will last maybe a couple of hours then it's dead again. It's done this three times now. I was thinking regulator, but if that was the case wouldn't I be blowing more lights than just the headlight? It's only the headlight, every other one works fine. :frantics:[/b]
A buddy of mine had the same problem, a couple of rides later his regulator failed completely and burnt out all the bulbs and melted his grips.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Our old safari did the same thing, needed a new voltage regulator. The grips will be hotter than normal if that's the case...mind you they'd be hotter than normal if you just unplugged the headlight too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've ordered a new voltage regulator for it. Hopefully get to put it in this weekend yet......maybe after the poker derby in Anola on Saturday. She's not riding it for a little while yet anyway. Anyone else going to that derby?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts