Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may have found the answer for the issue with the low beam, high beam adjustment

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
For those of us who can't read minds could you elaborate? What was the problem even? :huh:

F

·
0 Posts
I don't care for the headlights on my f7. If you adj the highbeams correctly, the low beams are way too low. If you adj the lowbeams correctly, the highbeams are way too high!

The only fix i see is replacing the whole assembly or modifying it somehow.

Anybody else?

Kevin; Fairbanks, Alaska

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok I was waiting to see if anyone would care to know what it was before I said anyting about it and FarmerGrant nailed the prob.

the fix...not sure if this has been posted already but if so I havent seen it so here go's

all four bulbs are the same wattage...if you take a wire off one of the high beams and put it on one of the low beams....a wire from one of the low beams on one of the high beams this will give you the best of both worlds!!!!

I tried it last night works really well

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I had mentioned that idea earlier. The only problem is that it might consume too much power @ idle. The dam f7 only had 4 amps of power left over. 37.5 x2 = 75 watts / 12 = 6.25 amps. The book says if you draw more than 4 amps of additional power, the efi will go into "FAT PIG MODE". I have also triead it on mine. If you hold the brake lever just right you can get all 4 lights on. It does really light every thing up. My only consern is if you run all 4 head lamps, hand warmers on high, and electric face shield, you might "rob" power from the EFI.

·
Registered
485 Posts
:blink: won't this look strange ,the one headlight glowing in the uppr half and the other in the lower ? I guess it would be better than riding blind though. :wacko:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts