Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Burly1.. I dont know if there "legal" or not but when at Twin MT. yesterday i saw Fish&Game right at the base road looking for non inspections and he didnt say a word about em..so unless he was being lazy (which some can be) he didnt even give em a second look :D

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Didn't see any cops. Saw a bunch of sleds with the covers...the yamaha covers were blue...that's the stuff the cops won't like...I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know blue and red are but i have heard all are this year....where can u get em in case they are not?

·
Registered
245 Posts
They are LEGAL for use in daylight. As Darkness gathers around sled town , You gotta Drop them off. Have you ttried them at night --- TERRIBLE. I got Black Ones. Look cool Though.

I used them for all of our trips so far. Day Time Use ONLY.

John - Hows the sled runnin? I wish I knew you were going up, Dana & I went to Erroll and found PLENTY OF SNOW! They got about 18"+ Pretty Good conditions. I bet twin was BEAT. Dana was there Saturday & it was gettin Bad then.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only time they can ever be outlawed is when you are on a road right-a-way, such as crossing a road or running in ditches. As long as you are on the trail, state motor vehicle statute does not apply.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Chris,

Twin was so bad...both my legs are crippled...just getting better today...my lower back was broken up until today too...we were the first ones there on Sun...7:15 AM...put on the hardest 94 miles of my life...picture Cape Cod during a hurricane and freeze the water...that was Twin Mountain on Sunday...I don't know what jackass thought they groomed up there...the website says they did...but no way. The sled ran great...my Check Engine light flickered off and on for about 10 minutes...now I know that was just b/c it was getting hot...We started off toward Errol, but it was too Brutal...The top of Jeffreson Notch has at least two feet of snow still...once they groom for real it will be a lot nicer. Screwed around with an RX1 on the main road, but he didn't want to "Race" so we (me F7 and Steve ZR 800) just blew by him...FYI...Steve rode my F7 for about a 1/2 hour and was very impressed. Talk to you soon.

Oh, and as for the headlight covers (gotta keep this thread real right :) ) I didn't see any police so I still don't know 100%, but unless you have a red or blue (could be confused as a cop) or Black like Chris where you can't see at night...you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
john,.

fri night and sat mrning were ok , but when al the yahoo peole showed up and ripped the place to shit , it was a dead issue from there............and yes the trails were groomed flat if you an believe it! :wacko:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Dana,

I just saw this...I can't believe they were groomed...wow...my legs and back took till Wednesday to recover...Are you going up this weekend at all?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
im probably done till after the new year, i reached the 500 mile mark and im going to service my shocks and the rest of the sled, i am also changing the chaincase lube now that things are worn in . twin needs to get another foot of snow before i ride ther again but if you drive the extra hour north, you wont be disapointed. :p

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Here in Michigan, the law for operating a sled on any land other than your own is the sled MUST have a working headlight. However, I have seen many times an old sled from say the early 70's with a really dim headlight but it was "working". I would guess that as long as some light is coming thru, you would still be legal. The Mi. DNR website has all info regarding sled operation on and off the trail.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts