Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some pictures of Firecats with headlight covers........whats up with those and where can I get me some??

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yes, you can get them seperately. They come in green, smoke and purple. Check with Dan on the Outdoor Shop page. I am sure he can give you a good price. They are from Cat.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Anyone figure out what to do with the covers if you're on the trail and it gets dark? Where can you safely put them? I would imagine with them left on, your visibility would be greatly hampered.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I had one on my last sled, '97 EXT600. I used to slip it into the trunk, or put it in my windshiled bag.

Now with two covers, I think I am going to try and find a felt bag or something to put them in first, then put them in my windshield or trunk bag, depending on what I get for Christmas.

;)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yes you can get them at your dealer, and you dont need to get a kit you can get them by them selves, and I think I will get that new trunk bag AC just put out, Looks like a good fit right behind the seat, And I think you can put both of your Head light covers in is with out hurting them.

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I've been using them since 96 and I've always left them on at night. I've had green and purple ones and if you compare with and without them on I've found there is almost no difference in visibility.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Last year i got pulled over by a game warden incolebrook nh and first thing he did was rip my headlight covers off...RED ONES,,, no emergency vehicle colors he said...I heard any colors are illegal in new hampshire this year, does anyone know the facts?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Last year I rode NH with my ZR 800 and I never took the head light cover off...I didn't have one issue with the fish police or the night riding...if I were in the middle of Nowheresville by myself I may think about taking them off for more light, but other than that it was not an issue at all. Hope that helps.

For some reason I cannot upload a pic...but my F7 has the covers and it's in the gallery if you want to check em out.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
im pretty sue these headlight covers are illegal eveywhere, but unless the trail pig is jerk they dont say much
if harrased just tell them there is a squirel in distress and needs his assistance

1 - 14 of 14 Posts