Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it legal to run headlight covers in Wisconsin during the day? We will be going up to Hayward Cable area in a few weeks and I am starting to get things organized . Due to the warm up I think I will have plenty of time>

·
Premium Member
13,978 Posts
Is it legal to run headlight covers in Wisconsin during the day? We will be going up to Hayward Cable area in a few weeks and I am starting to get things organized . Due to the warm up I think I will have plenty of time>[/b]
According to the DNR snowmobile regulations handbook, page 12, it states;

Designer headlamp covers (red, yellow, blue, etc., lens covers) are
not legal to use when you are riding within a highway right-of-way, or
during the hours of darkness. Under most circumstances, you cannot
use colored headlamp covers.
Your snowmobile must be equipped with at least one brake, operated
either by hand or by foot.

I'm also moving this thread to the Wisconsin forum, you'll get more exposure there on this issue.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
During the day, yes. Not after dusk. This was told to me from the DNR. Funny thing is the green cover was better lighting at night than the white headlights.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
And if you use red, just please stay home.[/b]
Or any other color for that matter. I find blue, green and yellow headlight covers to be just as blinding and hard on the eyes as red ones.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i ride with chrome covers on my sled and the dnr told me they are ok as long as i have them off when it gets dark out.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts

Your snowmobile must be equipped with at least one brake, operated
either by hand or by foot.
[/b]
Not to be off topic, but how the hell could you have a foot operated brake on a sled? Seems like it would be very unsafe. Why would they even allow that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts