Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really like to have my headlights shine up a little bit higher on the trail at night. Is there a way for me to adjust my headlights so that they point up a little bit higher? My sled is the GEN II chassie, and it seems that there is a litttle twisty knob underneath it that seems that is what it does, but I cant seem to turn it, possibly because it is rusted in or something.

Thanks for the help.

David

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after searching through my archive of pictures, this seems to be the only one that you might be able to see the knob in. I know it doesnt help, but it may give you a better idea.

EDIT: ya, this one doesnt help, ill get a better picture tomorow morning.

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
That is the headlight adjustment. It will only adjust so far though. Spray some WD40 on it, in case it is seized.

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. ill try that tomorow morning. It might help if i were a little fatter??? :smilielol:

·
Registered
177 Posts
had the same problem on my 04 s/b.
you may need to get a longer and stiffer spring, local hdwe store is where i got mine.
then cut off a little bit at a time until you get where you need to be.

i found this out after having to preload the front shocks quite a bit to stop pushing in the corners. then the light would only be where i needed it under power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts