Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on heading up to Pittsburg for a day trip tomorrow. Would rather not ride by myself so if anyone wants to head up for a day trip, let me know. i am planning on leaving Dracut,Ma at around 6. Let me know. - D

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Don't bother. Save your sled and the trails. Not much snow north of the Fraconia.[/b]
Oh Really? :censored: :furious2:

There's quite a few people riding their brains out up here that would disagree with you on that one! Riding in Pittsburg is not perfect but in places is very good!

pathfinder58 :hear_no_evil:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Don't bother. Save your sled and the trails. Not much snow north of the Fraconia(sp?).[/b]
But Franconia is not that far north! Pittsburg is way north of Franconia, like two hours north by car to the First Connecticut Lake.

Mark :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I figued. I don't need any crazy riding. Just wanted to get out in the great North Woods and enjor some scenery. Even if I only ride 40 miles its worth the 8-9 hr. round trip ride. I figure even if I go by myself, there are enough people out riidng that if anything happens, they can give me a hand. I am pretty familiar with Pittsburg too, so that shouldn't be an issue. I love it up there! Its God's country.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Don't bother. Save your sled and the trails. Not much snow north of the Fraconia.[/b]
WOW!!! holy misinformation. Just back from Stewartstown Clarksville and Pittsburg 432 miles since friday @2pm This was the worst water bar I could find. I will say Magalloway was wind blown down to bare spots from the bowl to the Juction of 20 but other than that everything was a 7 or better
[attachment=413801:Jan_12_08_003.jpg]

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
WOW!!! holy misinformation. Just back from Stewartstown Clarksville and Pittsburg 432 miles since friday @2pm This was the worst water bar I could find. I will say Magalloway was wind blown down to bare spots from the bowl to the Juction of 20 but other than that everything was a 7 or better
[attachment=413801:Jan_12_08_003.jpg][/b]
Hi Denny,

Thank you for your back up information. Some people just can't believe that there is still some good riding after the melt down. Temperatures will be dropping and the trail crews and groomers are doing their best to keep it all together. :thumbsup:

Mark :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
No problem Mark. I have some good pics too. Even too Old THumps advice and walked into Garfield falls I can't get them to load right now for some reason. I couldn't get the other one to resize either. Aint technology great.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Jeeze guys. Didn't mean to get ya all fired up....just the trails around here are beat....and grassy. Heard through the grapevine up north was spotty. Sorry if I got your panties in a bunch.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Noones panties in a bunch sno pro. We just want to see the correct info get out there. Looks like you need a new grapevine to feed off. Your absolutly right about THornton area being grass but high elevation and further north areas with stood the warm much better. Conditions were far better than I expected this week end on PPR SDR and USA trails

·
Registered
929 Posts
still riding tomorrow?? may want to join u

·
Registered
929 Posts
i dont know where are u going to unload

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was thinking about unloading by the clubhouse and if that is to packed, one of the lots past there. What time were you planning on being up there? Could meet at Youngs too.

·
Registered
929 Posts
im in berlin this weekend. i dont know where youngs is, is the club house at coleman state park

·
Registered
929 Posts
going to have to pass on this one. sorry just dont know the area too well

1 - 17 of 17 Posts