Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
A buddy of mine and I were thinking the same thing.... What are conditions like?

We were up there for the break between X-mas and New years last year, Wasn't all that bad...
Just the mains open but atleast we were riding, I would do the same this year if I knew it was
close to the same.

:beerchug:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not what they said this morning???? Marginal conditions....pretty rough coming out of base camp but better as you get further/deeper into the forest - they also said that they are allowing their rental fleet to go out, so that means that some snow must exist.

They are not taking reservations so for sure conditions are not up to snuff, but enough to get cobwebs out of the sled...some shitty riding is better than no riding...besides...if it really is that bad, all we really need is a straitaway to drag all day long....lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Save your money for when they have snow....

Trail Conditions for December 27th, 2006:

Winter has arrived - and left. Of the foot or so of snow received in early December only a solid base remains. After the snow received over the past 2 days, the main trails are open, yet in marginal condition. Further snow is in the forecast, which can only improve conditions further ! We wish a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of our friends and customers !

Think Snow !

Please remember that the number of daily permits is restricted to 100 per day. Therefore reservations to book a space on the trails are required and can be made by contacting our office at 705 754 2198.

For accommodation and programming reservations as well as further information, please contact our office directly seven days per week during business hours at 705 754 2198.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I would ride the forest only on a 20 year old POS... there's parts of the trail that are pure dirt and rock with no way around.... you're not going to be flying around in there with the current conditions, but they are getting snow right now, albeit minimal.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would ride the forest only on a 20 year old POS... there's parts of the trail that are pure dirt and rock with no way around.... you're not going to be flying around in there with the current conditions, but they are getting snow right now, albeit minimal.[/b]

...and 100 sleds sharing 15km of open trails!!!!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would ride the forest only on a 20 year old POS... there's parts of the trail that are pure dirt and rock with no way around.... you're not going to be flying around in there with the current conditions, but they are getting snow right now, albeit minimal.[/b]

Sled Dude...i hear ya...however, they have a solid base setup...in fact they had a good base for sometime now....shouldnt be too many rocks and/or dirt. Thanks for the warning though.. :beerchug:

Girl I spoke to this morning said they have snowcover on top of a solid base...just not the smoothest trails....i guess I will actually get to test the limits of the sno pro suspension...lol

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Better just order another set of runners and hyfax now. LOL!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Better just order another set of runners and hyfax now. LOL![/b]
hate...i hear ya....old sliders on the machine and last years carbides.....lol

actually shouldnt be too bad as they are to get about 3cm overnight...perfect amount for slider lubrication... :div20:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Everyone don't forget to post pictures of the damage.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why do all of u cry that there is no snow like little girls and when there is snow maybe not the greatest conditions you beat the poor guy up who wants to ride. If the forest is letting u in I say go. What the [email protected]#$!!! Hyfax and carbides are easily replaced. If u don't have the money to ride and maybe make repairs then get out of the sport. We buy $8,000 - $10,000 dollar sleds now and we may ride for up to 4 weeks out of 12 weeks the whore mother nature calls winter around hear, so go and pound the trails. I am on call this weekend or I would probably be at the forest too.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
To each their own. If you want to go pound the shit out of your $10,000 machine on 2-3 inches of snow then be my guest. :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.