Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think it would be a cool idea to have an HCS'ers of Manitoba Get-Together event? I know we're spread apart quite a bit, but if we could get a location that was kind of centralized in terms of where we all live, those who wanted to make it could. How many of us are there in Manitoba? I'm guessing there aren't too many, so it wouldn't be too hard to do either. At first I thought of doing a BBQ this fall yet, but that would be too short notice, and then I realized that we should all get together for a ride some time this winter, since the trails are really great in MB anyway. We could still do the BBQ too, as long as it's not too cold. Has this been done yet? How many of you would be up for it? I got the HCS member map to show a centralized location. Can anyone suggest a place around where the lines meet? What's the closest major town?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I'm sure there's lots more HCS members in MB than on the map...
I'd be in for a few diabojas.. :drunk:

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
SOUNDS GOOD!! Well Portage isn't a bad spot for the mid way point IMO...then we have half descent lodging, and bars . Not to mention it's about an hour from each way and I'm sure there are some good trail in that area right?:dunno:

Now all I have to do is get another sled....or steal mine back from MPI and do some major repairs...

Now all we have to do is make sure everybody keeps their hands to themsleves....but then again I think Wicked fell off the earth..lol Just jokin bud!! :)

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
How many HCS sledders are there in Manitoba?

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by 4MULA-DLX@Oct 19 2005, 10:56 AM
SOUNDS GOOD!!  Well Portage isn't a bad spot for the mid way point IMO...then we have half descent lodging, and bars .  Not to mention it's about an hour from each way and I'm sure there are some good trail in that area right?:dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=940421
[/quote]

Yeah, I think Portage would be a good centralized place, it's kind of right in the middle. But for those who are up north, like JimmyTheKnife, it's a longer haul. My uncle has a cabin at the interlake, but I don't know how the trails are up there. Right now Portage sounds good.
Also, there is a derby that I always go to in Pine Falls in Febraury. Probably the best trails I've ever ridden, and there's trails everywhere up there, not to mention copious amounts of powder and the trail from Pine Falls to the club is almost almost all river, perfect for going wide open.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Make sure you have security there. From some of the debates posted on this forum, seems to me like this get-together could land a few people in body bags, and a few more in Stony.
Not to be negative or anything, but you know what I'm talking about. :cn:

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Originally posted by cdn cowboy@Oct 19 2005, 01:49 PM
Make sure you have security there. From some of the debates posted on this forum, seems to me like this get-together could land a few people in body bags, and a few more in Stony.
Not to be negative or anything, but you know what I'm talking about.  :cn:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=940658
[/quote]

:lol2: CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG........HE'S NOT HEAVY...HE'S MY BROTHER..... :frech11:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Im from Roblin manitoba..Portage is not a central spot.I love the idea and just a suggestion we have great security cheap nice hotel(45 a night with hot tub snowmobile shop for any one who brings down(mine) and the best riding in the province.Beside I will deep fry a turkey for those interested.Just a thought but we do ALL have to agree somewhere.let me know.
Dana

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Originally posted by bent-it@Oct 19 2005, 05:26 PM
Im from Roblin manitoba..Portage is not a central spot.I love the idea and just a suggestion we have great security cheap nice hotel(45 a night with hot tub snowmobile shop for any one who brings down(mine) and the best riding in the province.Beside I will deep fry a turkey for those interested.Just a thought but we do ALL have to agree somewhere.let me know.
Dana
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=941185
[/quote]

no offence but there are a lot of guys from Winnipeg, and that would be like a 3.5 hour drive at least....Brandon would be maybe the next idea....but I think what we should do is make a complete list of who is interested, then pin-point where everyone is...then choose from there...."ie...most # of guys from the Peg..then we hold it somewhat closer to there...Brandon..then there...Roblin..then there...."

Just an idea as to how to keep it fair for all, and accesable for those who are most interested! :no_bashing:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I could get together aroung 10 to 12 of us from Winnipeg.
Sounds like a great plan, Portage is fine if the trail system is good.
It sure would be wierd to see every one walking around with thier HCS name tags on.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by 4MULA-DLX@Oct 19 2005, 05:00 PM
....but I think what we should do is make a complete list of who is interested, then pin-point where everyone is...then choose from there...."ie...most # of guys from the Peg..then we hold it somewhat closer to there...Brandon..then there...Roblin..then there...."

Just an idea as to how to keep it fair for all, and accesable for those who are most interested! :no_bashing:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=941277
[/quote]

I agree. No point in any of us driving six hours somewhere to accomodate one person who may not even show up.
About the fighting thing- I'm sure that once we're all on our sleds, any feelings of violence will go right down the drain, because sledding just makes you happy.
How about this: anyone wjo is interested, and I mean seriously, add a reply stating where you live, and I will tally up the number of people from each place and then we can come up with a location. But then again, there's no need to rush, the snow's not even here yet.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wAS JUST MAKING A SUGGESTION..NO USE GOING SOMEWHERE WHERE THERE IS SHIT FOR TRAILS OR RIDING..I have a cabin at Island beach as well(grand beach area) .Im willing to go any where ..maybe do a few rides together.Like I said i am From ZRoblin..lets get something going.
Dana

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Delgaty..maybe we should make a poll?

What major city or town arer you closest to that you would attend an HCS function. Then tally the votes and see how many are from where..

1.Winnipeg
2.Brandon
3.Portage
4.Dauphin

This should cover almost everyone and pretty much a guarantee some will drive further then others, but then maybe pooling together might be a plan if someone has a big trailer.. Either way..it would be a good way to put some faces to the names, and some sleds on the trails..

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Originally posted by bent-it@Oct 19 2005, 11:27 PM
I wAS JUST MAKING A SUGGESTION..NO USE GOING SOMEWHERE WHERE THERE IS SHIT FOR TRAILS OR RIDING..I have a cabin at Island beach as well(grand beach area) .Im willing to go any where ..maybe do a few rides together.Like I said i am From ZRoblin..lets get something going.
Dana
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=942349
[/quote]

Is this Dana from the tire shop?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts