Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I put a Heelclicker HC-X Secondary Kit in my F7!!! All I have to say is WOW!!!!!!! The guy that put it in also has a F7 but he has the clicker weights in his primary and not the HC-X, and there is no comparison between my sled and his!!!! The power is soo even and pulls all the way through just like before when stock, but a lot harder!!!! I believe that this is the way to go!!!!! Smoked a ZR 800 EFI with Heelclicker weights, and a Mountain Cat 8000 EFI with a 151" track on about 2 inches of snow in 500'

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, I meant Mountain Cat 800!!! I don't think were quite up to 8000 cc's yet!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Chad, did you run your sled much stock, and how much was the clutch kit?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I hadn't, but the guy that installed it has 400 miles on his this year so I was comparing to his stock one!! Three other guys rode it that have stock F7's with 300-400 miles and they liked it so much they're putting it on too!!! What it is is a new helix and roller cover and we left the stock weights in it!!! When I change it over for out west all I have to change are the three weights!!! It ran $260!!! Will run it a little more tonite, will let you know more later!!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thanks Chad!! I'm gunna put some miles on mine this weekend in Ironwood, can't wait. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
chad,

your sled ran better with the heel x secondary set up compared an f7 with the heelclicker primary set up? i thouht primary clutching had more effect than secondary?

thanks,dave.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's right, Mine pulled alot harder then the heelclicker primary set up!!! Dave is the guy that sold me the kit, and he called Super Torquer and he told him to try the HC-X setup vs. the old style heelclicker setup, and told him that the HC-X setup is the way to go!!! I was the guinee pig and tried it, and Super Torquer was right!!!! It pulls very very hard out of the hole and keeps going!!! Very Impressed!!! Dave liked it so much he is taking the clicker weights out and is going to run stock weights with this setup!!!! Very Impressive!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We also took a couple shims out of both sleds because the belt was not riding high enough and was a little loose!!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Where do they sell the Heelclicker HC-X. I've never heard of it before what does it consist of? Is it just a special Helix?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
thumper,

Thats exactly what i was thinking! how could just adding a differnt helix change results so much, i would think a sled with different clutch weights in in compared a sled with a different helix would do better, but oi guess im wrong??

·
Registered
629 Posts
Remember guys, the F7 is a completely different design then previous cats. Any thing could go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
chad,
did your buddy use super torquer primary sping that comes with the kit? also, what color is it? the heel clicker clutch kit is for the experienced! if, you dont know what you are doing, dont run this set-up, takes alot of experience to dial it in! our group has been using heel clicker clutch kits, for many yrs know, the recomendation for there springs is way off, brings rpm's way, up, and is not good for trail riding or beating your buddies in the field! the springs that come with it, are only good for racing on the lakes, with excessive amounts of picks~! the hc weights will make the sled go faster, than a hc-x! your buddy must have not had the weights dialed in with the proper springs. you have to go up in spring compression, but not much from stock, on primary, secondary requires a stiffer spring! tell, your bud to put the weights back in, and use the stock spring for the primary to see what happens, then try racing him again, guarantted he will smoke you! i will be putting one of these kits in as well!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know guys, that's all that Supertorquer told us!!! Dave has been working with heelclicker for a long time, so I would think that he know's what he is doing!!! Talked to my dealer last night about it and he told me that he wasn't surprised that just by playing with a secondary makes a difference.. This kit I beleive makes a bigger difference on the torque side then it will on increasing speeds. We'll see what happens later when the lakes are froze!!!

Tony are you who I think you are?? Did you get your sled parts yet!!! Planning on going to Ankeny??? Let me know!!!! Oh, by the way nothing will keep Captain out of the trees!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts