Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Administrator
20,659 Posts
Do the skiers use the sled trails
There's several x-country ski crossings in and around where you're staying. A lot of crossings on the 77 / 8 Corridor trail that runs between Hayward Powersports area and up towards Namakagon .... so be prepared on Saturday if you're in that area. You may want to consider getting an early start, and going north/east from Spider Lake - or spending the day heading down and around the Chippewa Flowage area.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Thanks for the info, looking forward to some good riding.
Enjoy the weekend. It’s actually one of my favorite weekends to ride up here. The trails stay in great shape as must of the lodging is booked with skiers. Also, you can still cross the ski trail, just need to wait for an opening.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Gonna be about 38 on sat and 40 degrees on Sunday ! It'll be like spring riding!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
36,447 Posts
Arrived to the motel, town full of people and cops everywhere. Glad we got a place away from town. Time to hit the trails.
I was in Town at 10 AM today, couldn't get home any normal route, had to go all the way to Cable and then Clam Lake, then to Moose Lake, 20 some miles out of the way..tree huggers, YUK!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I seen people staying at the hotels down by Rice Lake 50 miles south of Hayward on Wednesday. Driving their Subaru’s with ski racks on the roof

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Trails were great this afternoon/ evening. First time with the new kitties on a lake. Did about 60 miles. So many trails had to stop and figure out where we were on the map several times
I put on about 80 miles today. The trails were in great condition.

·
Super Moderator
36,447 Posts
I think we are gonna invest in a gps for next season. Tired of looking at the map, want to look down and see where we are.
If you had a Polaris it would be built into the dash/speedometer, I have that on my ATV, all the trail maps are on it, has many other features including engine diagnostics, blue tooth, cell phone call notification, coolant temps. battery condition, much more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Tried the Polaris app on my phone. Couldn’t get all the maps on it. My son in law has it on his Polaris and we haven’t figured out how to get club maps into it.

·
Administrator
20,659 Posts
Yeah, that Ride Command app is nice but it's far from 100% accurate. As much as the PIDD gauge seems like the best option, it's actually easier looking at your phone just for the fact you can't easily ride and look at the gauge.

·
Administrator
20,659 Posts
If you're not afraid to spend a little bit of money, NextStageGauge is an awesome product. One of my riding buddies has it installed on his sled and it's all a person needs when it comes to GPS and keeping stock functionality. Check it out here if you're interested:

NS1 Gauge System - Next Stage Gauges

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
If you're not afraid to spend a little bit of money, NextStageGauge is an awesome product. One of my riding buddies has it installed on his sled and it's all a person needs when it comes to GPS and keeping stock functionality. Check it out here if you're interested:

NS1 Gauge System - Next Stage Gauges
I bet that is nice to use though. I bought a used Garmin 65 and put a bead of caulk on screen edge for water proofing and then a roller holder which I mounted to my extended glove box. I have the Doo one. But for cheap, for me was the way to go for now. 140 bucks which included the new maps also. GPS and holder off of Flea Bay was 100 bucks. has worked in all temps so far>>>>>>>

Rode 2.25 days and 453 miles and smooth as heck up in the Bayfield County area. This is the nice time to ride with the Berkie going on. left our house to head back south this morning at Cable at 6:45 and dang wish I would of counted the cars and the number of Buses for transporting the people. Just insane between Cable and Hayward on Hwy 63:bc:

21 - 40 of 72 Posts